Eleven: What do I do?

Reece

As I walk out of Kayla's hospital room, I feel a pit in my stomach. Kayla has been lying to me this whole time. As much as I want to be mad, I can't seem to feel anything but worry. Worry for Kayla, worry that she will get hurt again, worry that she may not get better. As I step outside of the hospital into the fresh air, I take in a deep breath and let it out slowly. After a few deep breaths, I feel better, clearer. I spot Max and Luke in the parking lot and walk towards the car they're in. They look at me quietly as I get into the car.

"Is she okay?" Luke asks me.

"She was injured pretty badly, they have to monitor her and let her rest." I respond.

"What do we do?" Max asks.

"What do you mean?" I respond.

"What do we do about Kai?" Max replies.

"Nothing." I sigh.

"Reece. She disrespected you. She has to pay for what she has done-". Max argues.

"Enough." I growl.

Luke silently begins to reverse out of the parking spot. Max does not dare question me. We sit in silence for what seems like hours until Luke breaks the silence.

"You care about her." Luke whispers.

Max and I snap our attention to Luke. Max with eyes wide opens his mouth to say something but before he gets the chance I raise my hand to silence him. He stops and goes back to facing the front of the moving car.

"I care about her." I whisper.

"I know." Luke responds.

"I didn't want to." I reply.

"I know." Luke sighs.

"What do I do?" I ask.

"I don't know." Luke whispers. 

I groan and face down, my head buried in my arms. The slow hum of the cars engine is all that can be heard. Luke slowly pulls into the parking lot of the gym and climbs out of the car. Max follows closely behind leaving me alone in the car.

I look down at my lap with slow breaths. If my father finds out I lost to a girl, not just once, he would have my head. He would also expect me to "deal with it". In clearer terms, I would have to reclaim my title, out of the ring. I have been taught to never lose since my early years. Without a title, who would anyone be? 

But would I rather have a title or have her?

----

Edited November 17, 2021

Xoxo Maryann