Twenty Four: Is it really worth Tylers Life?

Kayla

As I walk through my front door, I see my Uncle Zayne sitting on the couch. 

"Uncle Zayne? What are you doing here." I ask him.

"Hi Kayla, how are you?" He asks me.

"I'm fine, why are you here without my dad?" 

"He needs you at the house, right now." Uncle Zayne responds. 

"Oh okay, will it be long? I have to go meet a friend." 

"Let's go." I states with no response to my question. 

We head outside to his car and I climb into the passenger. Uncle Zayne speeds off to the gang house without a word. Once we pull up to the house I push open the door and walk inside. On the leather couch right inside, I spot my father sitting there in dead silence. Uncle Zayne heads over and sits down and speaks to my father quietly. I roll my eyes and walk into the kitchen to grab a glass. I then open a brand new bottle of vodka and pour it over two pieces of ice. When I walk back into the front room, I spot another person on the couch. Immediately I notice how familiar he looks but with his back to me, I can't tell who it is. Once I walk closer I notice that it is Tyler. 

"Kayla?!" Tyler exclaims shocked.

"What are you doing here." I respond.

"I work for Mr. Martin. Why are you doing here?" He asks. 

"I work with Mr. Martin." I respond with a smirk.

"With him? Sir?" Tyler responds looking around the room confused.

"Tyler, this is my daughter, Kayla." My dad states, but before Tyler gets a chance to react, my dad continues, "I have everyone I need downstairs. I need you to go down and find out everything you can about the Walsh gang." My dad says.

"Who is down there?" I ask. 

"Max, Luke, Reece, and Evelyn." My dad responds.

"I can't interrogate my friends." I respond.

"They were a mission Kayla. Not your friends." My dad replies sternly.

"I won't do it." I argue.

"You will do this." My father replies aggravated. 

"I won't do it dad. They trust me." I plead.

"I had a feeling that this would be a challenge for you. If you do not do as I say, I will kill Tyler." My dad says taking out his gun and aiming it at Tyler.

"Woah, wait. Let's just take a second to think." Tyler responds shocked.

"Listen Tyler, you're a great kid. One of my favourites actually, but you are also replaceable." My father shrugs. 

"Shoot him then. I won't do it." I argue.

"Kayla? What the fuck." Tyler exclaims.

"Don't test me." My dad responds as he switches the safety off the gun, "Is all this really worth Tylers life?"

"Put down the gun." I respond.

"Excellent. Now both of you go down and find out everything. I will be watching the live feed from up here if anything goes wrong. I need you to find out everything, use force if you must." I dad orders as he lowers the gun from Tylers head.

Tyler sighs in relief and follows me as I trudge down the stairs. When I reach the bottom of the basement, I see Reece, Luke, Max, and a girl in separate cages, sitting. 

---

Edited August 26, 2022

Xoxo Maryann