Chapter 1 - Princess

"Alya, I really don't think this is a good idea..."

"You've been saying that for the last ten minutes! Now hold still..." Marinette reluctantly closed her eyes as her friend smudged florescent pink face paint over her eyes. The cropped sweatshirt labeled "Princess" fell off her shoulders again and she gave up trying to keep it there.

"Alya...."

Alya ignored her, stepping back to admire her handiwork.

"Look, I know you've been wondering where I always go..."

Actually, I haven't.... Marinette bit her lip.

"Well I'm going to show you!" Alya grinned. She smeared dark purple paint over her eyes, a color that matched her shirt, a loosely fitting tank with a white WiFi symbol.

Marinette knew where this was going, and she did not want to participate.

Alya grabbed her wrist, yanking her up and out of the bathroom. They twisted down the familiar halls of the closed dance studio.

They snuck down the darkened halls to a door. Alya let go of her friend's hand to ready herself. Marinette knew there was nothing she could do to stop Alya at this point. All she could do was pray no one recognized her.

Alya forced the door open with a swift kick, grinning as music boomed from far inside. She grabbed Marinette's hand again and tugged her down the darkened stairs. Alya shoved the door closed with a shoulder.

A couple months ago, some kids had discovered that the door to the basement was never locked, only stuck. It could be forced open and closed, if you knew how. None of the teachers, or even the director of the school knew this. Only the janitor and his wife, the ballet teacher. But they kept the secret, allowing the kids to enjoy themselves.

The UV lights gave off just enough light to navigate down the stairway. The symbol on Alya's shirt lit up, as well as Marinette's shirt and face paint. Words reading "This way" with an arrow pointed downwards made Marinette's stomach sink. There was no getting out of this.

Alya's pace picked up as she opened the door at the bottom of the stairs. Yellow spray paint reading "Enter" with designs Marinette recognized as Nathaniel's handiwork.

Music spilled from the open door, and colorful lights illuminated the walls. The large basement was decorated like a club, artwork covering the walls with a huge dance floor in the middle. There were people dancing in corners, working on routines or just chatting. Several others where surrounding the floor, watching whomever was tearing up the floor.

Nino stood on a platform with his turntable, surrounded by countless speakers people had donated to the club. He sported bright blue face paint with black around his eyes. His red hat was turned backwards and he wore bright clothes. Alya left Marinette's side to stand with him, planting a kiss on his lips.

Marinette immediately retreated to a corner of the room, keeping her head low. But no one seemed to pay any mind. They didn't know who she was, but then again, that was the case for almost all of them. Marinette recognized most of them, whether it was by their aliases or their normal names.

Nathaniel, or the Artist, as he was known here, was covered in paint, admiring his most current piece. He would cover himself in colors and breakdance on a large piece of cardboard. People bought art from him, and that was how he paid for dance school.

Marinette's eyes combed over several other dancers. Reflecta was talking with Princesse Fragrance, Cronogirl and Heartbreaker were busy making bets, and Climatika was requesting a song from Nino. Er, the Bubbler.