Chapter 2 - Green Eyes

Alya was giddy as ever, her arm draped around Marinette's shoulders as they walked to ballet class. Only three days since Alya discovered her secret, and the blogger was still treating her like a celebrity.
"Come on Alya. Would you please get over it already?"Alya just laughed.
"No way. My best friend is the best dancer in the whole club!" Alya covered her mouth quickly, looking around for prying ears. "How did Chat react when you came back last night?" Marinette sighed, thinking of her partner's curious green eyes.
"So, why did you come in a different outfit last night?" Ladybug, straightened her snapback, downing cup of water.
"My friend thought I didn't know about this place." Chat scoffed.
"Bit of a surprise then huh?"
"You have no idea. She's still treating me like I'm royalty."
Chat grabbed her hand and kissed it before she could pull away. "You are royalty My Lady." Ladybug laughed.
"You're such a cheeseball. Oh, and why Princess?" Ladybug's face sported a mocking grin as Chat crossed his arms.
"It was your shirt."
Marinette came back to reality just as they entered the room.
"He reacted like he always does when he discovers something about me. Cocky and curious." Alya just chuckled, breaking away from her friend to toss her bag in the corner of the room. Marinette followed, slightly distracted as she searched the crowd for a familiar head of blonde hair.
Adrien stood next to the mirror, stretching, as Chloe chatted on to him. He, of course, was not listening, instead focusing on touching his toes. Marinette could not suppress a sigh.
"You need to talk to him." Marinette's face turned scarlet as she turned to look at her friend's knowing face.
"What?! No way!!" Alya sighed.
"Girl, he is a human being! Use words! Communicate!" The bluenette huffed in frustration.
"Alya, you know as well as I do, that's never going to happen!" Before Alya could argue, a petite woman with bright blue eyes and highlighted red hair entered the room.
"Alright class, please settle down." Everyone's talking stopped almost immediately and the teacher smiled. Everyone loved Madame Tikki, and respected her. For such a small woman, she could control a classroom better than most prison wardens. "We are going to be starting a pairs unit, specifically for when your parents come to visit in the spring. We only have a few months to train, so I expect everyone to be on their best behavior, understand?"
A 'Yes madame.' came from every student, almost in perfect sync. Chloe clung to Adrien's arm almost immediately and gave a sneer to the rest of the girls in class.
"Not so fast Miss Bourgeois, I'll be choosing the pairs. I've been assessing everyone's strengths and weaknesses throughout the semester, and I've paired everyone up with whom I believe will be most compatible." Chloe fumed and she stomped a foot.
"But Madame-"
"If you would like to take the matter up with the director, I'll gladly make an appointment, but I know your skillset Chloe and you and Mr. Agreste are not compatible. So if you please." A chorus of snickers rippled through the class as Chloe growled. "Now, back to business. When I call the pairs, please stand by your partner and spread out. First, Chloe and Kim. Alix and Max. Aurore and Nathaniel. Adrien and Marinette..."
Wait.
Had she heard right? Was she hallucinating? Had Madame Tikki paired her up with Adrien Agreste? Son of a famous designer, drop dead gorgeous and the love of her life, Adrien????
She looked over to Alya for conformation, and Alya appeared to be just as excited as her.
"Hey."
Marinette jumped, spinning to stare into two deep green eyes. Adrien smiled and held out his hand.
"I guess we get to be partners."
"Lucky me! I mean- Not lucky, luck had nothing to do with it- I'm not saying being with you isn't lucky, it is but I mean... I'm a spaz..." Adrien raised an eyebrow. Alya face-palmed.
"O...Kay...?" He smiled good heartedly and Marinette forgot how to breathe. Madame Tikki's voice snapped her out of her trance and Marinette stared at her ballet shoes.
"Alright, is everyone in their pairs? Good. Now, I have a list of songs to choose from. You will all be choreographing your own dances. I will be around for help with moves and practicing your posture." She clapped her hands together and smiled. "You will have to practice outside of class. The vacant classes are at your disposal. So begin!"
Adrien smiled at her warmly and her cheeks lit up red.
"So, shall we choose a song?"
"S-Sure..." Marinette's voice was just above a whisper, her eyes still trained on the floor. Adrien's smile fell, but she didn't notice. He studied the list, lost in thought as his eyes fell upon Marinette again.
"How about... Swan Lake?" Marinette's eyes lifted and her face lit up.
"I love that song!" Adrien's face split into a grin and he nodded.
"Then it's decided."
---
"One two three, one two three..." The music was playing softly in the corner of the room, and Adrien led Marinette through the moves they had previously discussed with Madame Tikki.
But Marinette barely heard the music. Her blood was pounding in her ears and her heartbeat refused to slow. Her legs moved on their own, muscle memory working its magic as her mind whirred.
Her thoughts betrayed her when it was time for a lift, and her body locked up. Adrien stepped back, hands on her shoulders.
"Are you okay? That's the third time you've seized up. I need you loose to lift you." Marinette nodded, sighing and rubbing her head.
"I'm sorry. I can do this, I know I can..."
A hand moved up to Marinette's chin and her head was lifted to meet Adrien's eyes.
"Its okay Mari. You can trust me. We don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with. I promise, I won't let you fall, okay?"
Marinette was reminded of a similar situation with her secret partner.
"I'm not gonna force you into anything. Partners should respect each other, right?"
A cheeky grin followed the memory and she looked back into Adrien's eyes. If she could trust someone who's name she doesn't even know, Marinette could trust her friend. A small smile pulled at her lips.
"Lets try it again."
And they did so, restarting the music and moving into each other's arms. Marinette closed her eyes this time, focusing on her heartbeat. The music grew louder, more energized, and she felt her body relax. His touch felt eerily familiar, in a way she couldn't put her finger on. But the thought was gone as quickly as it came.
Marinette jumped high, lifted by her partner. The music grew more intense, the last couple notes ringing loud. She was lifted above Adrien's head, his hands gripping her hips while she was in a horizontal position, hands and legs outstretched gracefully, like a swan.
Before she knew it, she was back on the ground, leaned slightly away from Adrien as he held her waist securely. Her right hand was up, while her left was held by Adrien.
Her partner smiled warmly at her and Marinette blushed furiously, her mouth agape.
"You did it!" His hand left her waist and she felt a twinge of disappointment.
"Y-Yeah... Thanks to you..." Adrien chuckled.

~
Alya groaned from behind the glass and Nino sat next to her, arm across her shoulders.
"Would those morons just get together already???" Nino frowned at Alya's remark.
"Wait... does Marinette like Adrien??"
"... Yes, but don't tell anyone!! She'll kill me if she knew you found out."
"I hate to break it to you, but Adrien's got eyes for another girl."
Alya's face fell.
"You're kidding!! Pleeeeease tell me its not Chloe!!" Nino made a face.
"Dude, no way!!! Its Ladybug."
Alya gasped and grabbed Nino's collar.
"Tell. Me. Everything."
~

"We make a pretty good team." Before Marinette could reply, Adrien checked his phone. "Oh! I'm sorry Marinette, I have to be somewhere." Adrien started packing his bag as Marinette looked at the time.
10 o'clock.
Crap!!
Ladybug was supposed to be at the club! Chat Noir was probably waiting on her again...
"Me too! Uh, I think this is good for today. Nice practice! See you tomorrow!" Marinette shoved her clothes in her duffel, stumbling out the door before Adrien.
---

Check out the art for this chapter on my DeviantArt!!! (xStolenGracex)