Author's Note

Rowen hated the cold...

And with those four words, my story was brought to life.

Thank you for taking the time to read my book, The Forsaken Prophecy! I just need to cover a few things and then you can get to reading.

Statistics and fun facts

-This book takes up roughly 287 pieces of differently sized looseleaf.

-This book took roughly five months to write

-This book is my third novel

Some things you need to understand

1. I am not a great writer.

2. You may comment on grammatical and spelling errors.

3. This book wasn't meant to be serious at first, so not a ton of effort was put into the first few chapters (I have edited them, though!)

4. I rarely write good vs. evil style books, so this was new territory for me.

I'll elaborate more below.

Firstly, I am not a great writer. I'm not some teenage J.K Rowling or J.R.R Tolkien. I am a girl who loves writing and is excited to share her work with the world and get (POSITIVE AND CONSTRUCTIVE) feedback.

Which brings me to my next topic. Editing. I originally wrote this book in a notebook and on loose-leaf paper. Thus, when I typed it up, I may have occasionally been looking at my notebook and not the keyboard. It would be greatly appreciated if you could comment on any typos or grammatical errors so my story is as easy to understand as possible!

Yes, that's right. I'm giving you permission to become the grammar police. Do not abuse this power.

This book was never meant to become anything serious. Understand that now. I never meant for it to grow until it took up roughly 287 pieces of paper. I never meant for it to become published on Wattpad. I never meant for it to change my whole mindset where writing was concerned.

See, I used to write like this: I get an idea for a story, I write a chapter or two on Word, I lose interest and move on. I have been writing since I was seven and have only finished two books besides this.

Now, I want to start a book and commit. I want to become attached to the characters, to watch them grow and map out their lives. I want to write one book at a time.

Okay, this is the last thing you NEED to read.

I don't like writing good vs. evil stories. They're cliche and predictable. But I had to try with this story, purely because it was the only good plot line with this theme, this cast, that I could think of.

I don't like good vs. evil books. As Doctor Heinz Doofenschmirtz once said, "And the race between good and evil is on! Who will win? Well, most of the time, it's good..." (Probably not an exactly correct quote.) I like to write books that completely avoid the "grand battle" schematic. I stick to books where that doesn't affect the characters, or the plot line is more personal to one of the characters.

So this is out of my league.

Okay. You can go ahead and read now.

You there! Yes, you. The person who stuck around to read the author's note this far in. You get two special treats!

(They're not that special - don't get too excited.)

First...

This book's playlist.

I listened to a lot of Imagine Dragons while I wrote this book, hence my characters' love for the band. Almost any of their songs encompass the mood of this story, but here are a few songs that I think work especially well:

"Bleeding Out" - Overall book

"Monster" - Ayren's internal struggles

"Warriors" - the more intense/battle scenes in the book

"Battle Cry" - I feel like, if my book had a trailer, this would be the background song

Finally...

Where I got the idea for this book.

It is a deeply fascinating and enthralling tale of epic proportions. It will, put eloquently, knock your socks off.

Note the sarcasm in my writing.

Anywho...

I was visiting my cousin's house.

(She's Merlinisok , in case you were wondering.)

She is an AWESOME artist and offered to draw characters from my books. I had her write down the descriptions for a few before tentatively giving her the details of these characters. I hadn't even begun to write this yet--it was a faint concept. The plot, the setup, the characters...they were barely sketched in the sketchbook of my brain. However, they came to life as I talked. I saw a future for this book.

So I traveled home and began to write in a cheap dollar store notebook that is falling apart and has crappy paper.

Those were the good days...

Okay, anyway. Now you can honestly go read the book. I'm just going to put my technical thanks here.

Thank you, Hayleyautumns , for the cover design! I LOVE it!

Thanks to Merlinisok for unknowingly giving me the push I needed to start this book. Love you, lobster.

There are countless other people I want to thank, both on and off of Wattpad. You should check out all of the Wattpad users mentioned below--they are all awesome people and deserve a lot!

*Note: if I tagged you, you have NO obligation to read this. Just know I appreciate you immensely for the bold reason next to your username.

Mom, for listening to my second novel, even when it sucked.

Dad, for cultivating my love for reading.

My little brother, for being a silly doofus to hang out with.

All my school friends, for being generally awesome people who give me the motivation to actually stay in school... *_*

Hayleyautumns for being a good friend to me - and making the gorgeous cover, of course! Also, for supporting me a TON.

platypodes_and_books  for being so supportive of almost all of my other books!

Merlinisok for being literally the best cousin and friend a girl could ever in a million years wish for

Huntress_Of_Books for being an amazing friend and person generally

*I know Ayren is usually used as a female spelling of the name. It has always struck me as masculine, however, so it is in this book. Deal.