1 • Slow Dance

[your pov]

"Jungkook-ah, do you like anyone?" I asked curiously. He looked at me, "y-ye-yeah" he began to stutter.

He was such a small bunny, I leaned in close to him, "who?"

His stare was shaky, "I can't tell you." I hit him as I got annoyed, always avoiding things with me. I focused on the TV once again.

"C'mon! (Y/n) you can't get mad at me!" He shook my shoulder multiple times as I continued I ignore him. I was actually trying to watch TV.

"Tell me who you like then" he was irritated, "I'll tell you who I like if you tell me who you like first." He cupped my face making eye contact with me, hoping I'd finally give him the attention he wanted.

"No one." I give him a blank face. Also cause it was the truth.

"I could set you up with the girl you like for the school dance!" I moved his hands away from my face.

"You're positive you could do that?" He asked. I nodded my head and smiled.

"What if you don't?" He looked away to the ground.

"I promise I will! I swear you'll go to the dance with your dream girl. As long as she's not a celebrity. I'm afraid I cant do that." I patted him on the back.

"But, (Y/n).... I don't know how to slow dance..." He seemed uneasy about going to the dance, as if he'd make an embarrassment of himself.

"I'll teach you!" I turned on the music and held his hand waiting for him to stand.

[jungkook's pov]

She told me to get up, so I got up. I really never learned how to slow dance though. I held her hand and her waist loosely as she instructed, Will she really be able to get my dream girl to go with me to the dance? I looked down at my feet.

"You have to hold your girl tightly and closely at the dance." I was the shy guy, but with (y/n) I was at least a little comfortable. I pulled her in closer to me, her chest touching mine. I looked deep into her eyes. Will she even want to go to the dance with me? She promised me, so she has to.

[your pov]

I wondered who he wanted to take to the dance the whole time, he wasn't really close with any girls, he's too shy. He's popular at school but he doesn't talk much. Only to his close friends. Jungkook then pulled me in closer to him as I told him to, I was caught off guard. He really did it. I didn't think he would actually do it. I looked up at him and made eye contact. Our eyes locked on each other as he smiled.

Everything felt like it was going in a slow motion. As my parents use to tell me, "When you have a slow moment with someone, you just know you're in love. There's something special about that person."

I thought about what they said... Is it happening with Jungkook? It couldn't be, he's my best friend.

"Have you ever kissed a girl?" I asked him. He shook his head, yeah I kinda expected that.

"What about you? Have you kissed a guy?" He questioned. I shook my head. "Jinja? No one? Heol." He chuckled. I slapped his arm by his reaction.

"I'm still waiting for the right person." I explained while looking into his dreamy eyes.

"Can I steal your first kiss?" He said quietly. Huh? My feet were planted to the ground, "What?" I looked at Jungkook and pulled apart from him.

"I'm just playin!" He smirked at me. I hit the side of his head and stormed off into my room.

Ten minutes later he knocked on my door, "(y/n) I'm sorry! Why are you mad? What did I do? Come out! It's only 9:30pm!" He shouted.

"Go away" I shouted, I threw my pencil at the door to scare him off. I figured he went to his bedroom so I opened my bedroom door. He left a message on the whiteboard on my door. "Mianhae, forgive me? You can punish me tomorrow. I'll buy you ice cream!"

[jungkook's pov]

The next day I woke up late. (Y/n) went out with a guy friend. Totally wasn't jealous... I glared up at the ceiling for minutes which turned to hours. I eventually got up to get ready.

Taking off to the store and back home with ice cream and gum balls that I promised. I bought her favorite, Oreo ice cream.

When she arrived back home I was sleeping on the couch. She shook me over and over "Kookie? Kookie-ah! Wake up!" I opened one eye and saw (y/n) so I sat up rubbing my eyes.

"WHERE WERE YOU FOR SO LONG?" I shouted. She looked at me with her usual facial expression, blank.

"What happened?" I asked, she didn't respond for a whole minute.

"Jung Ho asked me to the dance.." She said. My heart began to throb.

"Did you say yes?" I almost couldn't speak, my voice was shaking.

"Idk.. I said I'd think about it." She explained. "What should I do?" She asked. She can't go with him.. She can't, she has to go with me, my heart started to throb harder. I hit my chest lightly when she wasn't looking. If I don't make a move I'll regret it.

+

A/n: please vote and comment~ this is a revised chapter!

- author am