Chapter one

"you can't always think boys are everything" kendra says

This is the line i always hear everytime i have my moments on social media . this line mainly comes from my sister or maybe close friends. It's funny how many people that i know say this yet complain about the same thing. maybe i think to much but i always hear this line and yet at the same time i see in high school like relationship are everything along with weed and parties. i never been the type of girl to be able to do anything "cool".

"Gen......Genavive are you listening to me?" kendra screams

"Huh..... oh yeah i hear you i got it. self love is all that mattes at my age and i dont need a boyfriend yeah yeah ok" i muttered

"you know sis you gon appreciate me one day but anyways have you spoke to dad"

we were driving to her house kendra my half sister we spend time together here and there. i mean she my half sister i havent seen in four years we trying to keep connections . we are both an only child so it could be good for us to stay connected.

"i dont speak to strangers"

it got silent for the next half hour. she lived not to far from me .

"we're finally here,im starving" she said

"yeahhhhh.....me too"

i was angry at the fact her boyfriend was here. im a third wheel.....again. i guess thats all i ever be to people. you ever heard of the white movie called"the duff". that movie fits me perfectly expect for the fact i dont get a happy ending. basically im a duff

"hey robert" i said with half ass wave

"what's happening lil sis"

i walked away because i was spaced out i wanted to go somewhere by myself and right in my journal. i walked to my sister neighborhood park.

"ill be back kendra give me like 30 minutes"

" going to park or what?"

"yeah"

i got to the park and open my journal i could have my headphones in and listening to elle varner. i started to write like i had hours but suddenly i got interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. i turn around to find that it was boy hmmm about a year or two older maybe 18 or 19.

"excuse me?" he said with a friendly smile

i dont normally trust when boys smile at me and try to be friendly. let's be honest a girl like me there no reason why would you want to randomly nice to me.

"yes? do i know you or something?" i said while raising one eyebrow

"no you dont know me but im jermaine"

"hey jermaine im genavive"

"well.... im new to florida and i am trying to make friends to you know show me around"

im currently thinking what planet homeboy came from cause nobody does that. walk around there new neighborhood to look for new friends and shit like that but... ok. plus he was fine he was like 6,2 and brownskin with a nice smile and ...... wait! i have to stop because there no way i can cuff him just look at me.

"ok..... first off you cant just walk up to strangers in your neighborhood but lucky for you im not a bad person"

"haha....ok genavive"he flashed that stupid smile at me again

"how old are you?"

"im 17 years old well i just turned 17 like a week ago."

"wow i thought you were like 18 to like 20"

"well how old are you?" he said

" im 16"

he sized me (looked me up and down). there was an awkward silence for about 3 minutes. Then i hear my phone ring .....its my sister calling me .

"aye where are you been two hours!!" kendra scream through the phone

"oh yeah...i lost track of time im coming right now " i said

then i turned to jermaine. he hand a piece of paper in his hand and i took it in confusion.

" what is this for?"

"my number text me tonight "

he walked away. i just watched him for a while. i wish i had his guts to just talk to strangers like that. i wonder why he wanted to talk to me. i finally head to my sisters apartment.

" i'm back kendra" i said while i closed the door.

for me to continue

3 likes & 2comments........pls