17

A/N: I've sort of lost interest in the Fairy Tail fandom(still read the manga every week), but I thought it would be rude not to finish. I have the basically the rest of the story in my drafts complete, but they just need some touch up. And now with out further ado, I present to you chapter 17

🍁

Laxus blinked the light filtering in from the window out of his eyes. He felt stiff, and he stretched out like a cat, feet pushing past the lower edge of the bed. A familiar tingling at the base of his spine soon reminded him of the previous night's events and snapped him out of his groggy state, however. Turning his head, he saw a familiar head of cherry blossom hair peeking out from under the covers.

He smiled, turning on his side to look at the girl beside him. She looked even smaller than she normally managed to when she was asleep. Her face was serene, her naked back rising evenly in sleep as she lay on her stomach.

Last night had been amazing. It'd been nothing like his previous experiences, and he realized that actually loving the person you were with made all the difference. And he did love her, even the unruly, goofy parts of her that most people assumed were her entire personality.
She really was beautiful.

he tried to get out of bed, only to hear a muffled groan as Natsumi entered the land of the living.

His eyes stayed glued to her as she arched up, bending backwards as she groaned, a smile on her face. He really needed to go shower, otherwise he was just going to end up attacking her and they'd never actually get around to the job they'd come here for.

She turned to him. "Morning," she smiled, all bright eyes and teeth. Her rumpled appearance did little to help his internal struggle.

"Morning," he answered, frowning when she laughed at him.

She moved to a sitting position, completely unashamed of her nudity. "I like your morning voice," she explained. "It's more rumbly than usual."

He stood up, keeping his back to her. "I guess I never noticed before."

"Where are you going?"

"Shower. We've got to get out and start finding leads, and I didn't take one last night."

"Mkay, be quick though" she scolded. She really shouldn't be one to talk though, considering she takes about an hour.

And of coarse they where an hour late for breakfast.

Time skip

"Damn it! I know they know something!" Natsumi screamed, kicking a nearby trashcan. Laxus agreed.

They'd spent the afternoon at the archaeology guild that had helped Sevoir find the amulet shard. After several days of asking around town about artifact dealers, traveling merchants, and even black market contacts, they'd come up empty. They'd checked in with John Sevoir as they'd promised, both disappointed that they had nothing to report to the kindly older man. He'd been downcast, but optimistic, stating that he still had the utmost faith in two of Fairy Tail's best. When they'd asked if he had any other thoughts about who could give them information regarding the artifact, he'd pointed them to Eagle Eye, the guild that he'd hired to help him on the dig.

Their guild master had been polite and attentive, but had said they only helped the aristocrat unearth it before turning it over to him and receiving their standard finder's fee. The story had checked out, but like Natsumi, Laxus thought something was off.