Chapter 9

Your POV

Lauren: I miss you 😔

Me: I miss you too 😔

Lauren: Then why are you avoiding me?

Me: I'm not. I'm just busy I guess.

The truth is, I am avoiding her, right now anyway. Jay gave me a black eye a couple days after that charity game. He said I made him look like an idiot so he was going to make me look like one. I decided to just tell every one that I tripped and fell, the less I piss him off the better these days.

I don't want Lauren to see my face like this. If she does then she'll worry and she'll know I'm not telling the truth when I say I fell. She'll force me to tell her what happened and I really don't want to tell that whole story.

I don't even know where Lauren's heads at lately. Ever since that kiss and talk at the beach things have been different. She shows how much She cares about me, but everything's been different. I know we agreed she needed to figure out things with Brad but I don't know.

Lauren: I have one night left in Miami and I haven't seen you since I've been back. 😞

Me: I'm sorry.

Lauren: Please.

Me: Only because I miss you. What do you want today?

I really do want to see her before she goes back to LA. I mean she could be gone a while. If she asks about my eye I'll just tell her it was a hockey fight, I mean it was kind of a stretch, but still somewhat the truth.

Lauren: Come over and watch a movie.

Me: You haven't seen me in forever and you a movie is your plan?

Lauren: Didn't I mention the cuddling? 🙈
----------------------------------

The drive to Lauren's was only about twenty minutes from my house. Which I was grateful for. It gave me a couple more minutes to try and settle the butterflies in my stomach. God, even just the thought of seeing her makes me nervous.

I finally pulled into the Jauregui driveway and unplugged my phone. I slowly got out of the car closing the door and locking it behind me. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell, looking around the neighbour hood as I waited for and answer.

The door soon opened and I was met with a big hug. I giggled as I quickly hugged her back. She still smelt like vanilla. She took my hand and quickly dragged me into the house behind her.

I watched as she closed the door and looked at me. The butterflies quickly came back once she looked into my eyes with a smile playing on her lips. She's still just as beautiful or even more then she was before she left.

"Oh my god," She whispered her smile falling into a worried expression. "What happened?" She asked reaching up to inspect my eye.

"Nothing." I faked a smile placing my hand over hers. "It's not a big deal."

"It looks like it was bad." She said putting a little pressure on the bruise causing me to flinch. "Sorry."

"I'm okay." I stated causing her to furrow her eyebrows as we locked eyes.

"Is this why you wouldn't come over?" She questioned causing me to look at the ground.