II.

I clear my throat and my sly smile forms back into a kind, deceiving smile that I was once known for. I place my hand on the cold doorknob and I start to fill my mind with cheerful moments from my younger years.

I turn the doorknob and push the door open, making a small series of bells above the door ring. My eyes dart towards the small café room.

"Welcome to Anteiku!" I hear a male and female voice, one sounding a little angrier than the other.

I walk a few steps into the room and look around, smelling the air. Four ghouls, one human, and one... Oddly smelling human like they had killed a ghoul and the scent was still lingering around them.

I avert my eyes towards the counter to see a male and female, mostly likely the ones to greet me, arguing.

I eye the two and notice how they act like a couple. It was really cute! I start to observe the features of the two. The male with black short hair, that slightly lays over his eyes and one eye covered by a eye patch.

The female was most likely my cousin. She had short purple hair, that covered her right eye. She was shorter than the male, which made it seem like they were a couple.

"Ah~ Touka-chan!" I call out, making my way over to the counter. The two stop arguing and Touka scans over my face.

"Kana...-chan?" She says, her purple eyes getting wider and wider.

"Yup!" I say, with a fake high pitch voice. I raise my hand and make a peace sign, and pose. It was all fake,
just like everyone at school would do.

"How do you just show up out of no where?" She asks, her voice a little on the high side.

"It's always been me!" I laugh, " Oh and I don't want to interrupt your work, so," I drag on the 'o,'" Do you mind making me a coffee and we can talk later?"

"As long as you pay for it," she says, pulling a cup with other items off the counter.

After watching Touka make the coffee, and place it in front of me, I grab the small handle and pick it up to my lips. I place my lips on the side and drink some of the warm coffee, My eyes widen upon tasting it, making Touka flinch at my expression.

"This is... Amazing! It's better than the restaurants coffee!" I exclaim, soon to cover my mouth because I realized I was a bit too loud.

"Restaurant?" She asks, and the boy next to her starts to move away. My eyes follow him and I sniff the air, getting the weird scent from when I walked in.

"It seems kind of weird, but I used to be a cook at one... But," I pause and look back at Touka directly in the eyes, "What is with him?" I whisper, and he stops. "He smells very weird."

Touka looks at me, and before she can say something the small bells ring above the door. "Ah, can we talk later? I'm quite busy with work right now." She says.

"Of course! I can wait." My mood reverted back to the happy, over-exaggerated girl with a high pitch voice.

For me, it wasn't long until Touka asked for a break when no one was in the shop. Although, it did take about an hour for everyone to clear out and an hour of watching the two baristas making coffee was quite fun.

After the other Barista took over, Touka led me into a room upstairs which seemed like a normal bedroom.

"Kana-San why are you here?" She asks, making me feel unwelcome.

"You see, I'm on a trip from Motegi for school yet I don't think I'm going back. I was issued to find a job but I remembered that you lived her, and decided to come visit!" I lied, and she nodded her head as if she accepted it.

"How did you find out I was here?" She asks.

"Okaa-San told me. I'm not sure how she found out you are here but, she was right!" I exclaimed, but Touka shushed me. I mumbled a quick sorry and lowered my head.

"Now," I add on, "You and that boy... Are you guys dating?"

"What?! That guy? I wouldn't date him for a billion yen!" She corrected me, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Sorry, sorry!" I apologized, " the way you two argued just made it seem really obvious. But, I need to ask..."

"Hm?" She looks at me, her face still red.

"Why does he smell so weird? He smells like a human but also a ghoul! It's really weird."

"Well... I would explain but... I don't really understand it either. I'll go get him." She turns away, and makes her way to the door.

My smile suddenly fades away, leaving a mischievous look on my face. So far, the plan had gone accordingly, just as mother had intended it to.

I hear the three small clicks of the door open, and my eyes dart back to the now open door with the strange smelling teen standing quietly. He walks in a few steps and looks at me, then averts his eyes.

"What are you?" I said, making him jump a bit. He looked towards me and his mouth trembled a bit, like he was trying to say something but he couldn't.

"A-A," was what he could get out at the moment, "half-ghoul." He continued.

My lips curved into a devious smirk, knowing that we would most definitely get tied up in my future plans.