Chapter 1

"Alright, Naomi, ready?" mum asked, handing me one last bag.

I smiled and checked myself once more in the mirror. My long, wavy hair hung over my shoulders. I smile and nod.

"Alright then."

We walked over to the car. We're going to my grandma's for Christmas break. A whole two weeks. We drive along the road, and I look at the white blanket of snow covering everything. Its a long drive, so I turn on the radio. Like magic, my favorite song plays.

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. Cause you're amazing, just the way you are." I sing along, drumming my fingers to the beat.

My mum smiles at me as I sing.

"You have a beautiful voice, Naomi." she tells me.

I turn red, suddenly becoming shy.

"Oh. Thank you." I say.

I hate when people hear me sing. I'm very insecure about some things. Like my body. And my voice. And sometimes just me in general. In school, I'm the quiet one who always has her nose in a book.

After a while, we get to my grandmas. I zip my coat and put my scarf around my neck.

I hate the cold so much.

We walk through the deep snow and knock on the door. My grandma opens it and smiles.

"Oh, you're finally here." she says, hugging us both.

I smile and hug back. But inside I'm thinking, 'yes, yes. Great to see you too. Can we go inside now?' She leads us inside and we set our many bags down. I slip my coat off and sit on the warm chair. Grandma brings me a hot cocoa.

"Its been so long since I've seen you. You've grown so much." she tells me.

I smile. "Grandma, you say that every time you see me." I say.

She laughs softly and rubs my back.

"Well, you just grow too fast."

My mum calls her into the kitchen and she leaves me by myself. I scoot closer to the fireplace, letting it warm my toes.

That night, grandma led me to a spare bedroom.

"You can sleep here. Hope it's comfortable enough." she says.

I nod. "Its great."

She smiles and kisses my head, then leaves me alone. I slip off my clothes and change into my pajamas.

Immediately, I sunk into the soft bed, wrapping as many blankets as I could around me. It felt like heaven, it being such a soft mattress. My eyes closed and I fell into a deep, comfy sleep.

************************************First chapter :D Hope you enjoyed.