Chapter 8

I stayed inside all day. One, I didn't want to go out and freeze myself. Two, I was worried Harry would show up. 

I looked out the window once in a while, but I never saw him. Did he think I gave up on him? It made me feel bad thinking I might have let him down. I haven't given up on him, I'm just intimidated by him. He sends chills down my spine and makes my heart race. 

My legs are bouncing as I sit. But when my mum enters the room, I try my best to stop shaking. Harry's face keeps creeping back into my mind, torturing me. I'm going nuts, and its only been a few hours. 

Finally, after dinner that evening, I grabbed my coat and went to find Harry. I walked through the deep snow, looking in all directions. But what do I know? He could be anywhere and everywhere, watching me. He sure knows how to disappear quickly. 

"Harry?" I finally say. 

Its not even two seconds later I can feel a set of eyes on me. I slowly turn around. And there he is. But he looks normal. His beautiful normal face with his stunning crystal green eyes look at me. 

"I thought you left me." he says.

I sigh and walk closer to him. He may look normal again, but he's not hiding his fangs anymore. 

"I said I wouldn't. And I'm keeping that promise." I tell him. 

His beautiful smile melts me. 

"Are you sure? You're standing pretty far away from me." he says.

I just noticed how far away I am. My cheeks turn a little red, and I step closer. 

"Better?"

He smiles again and nods. 

"Yes." 

I don't know what to say to him. To know he could have killed someone recently hurts me. He looks so normal and sweet. I feel terrible for him. He obviously wishes he was normal. He reaches his hand out. 

"Do you trust me enough to walk around?" he asks. 

I hesitate, then slowly reach my hand out. His cold touch makes its way through my whole body. I gasp. He looks down at me. 

"I'm sorry." 

He almost pulls away, but for some reason I hold on tighter. 

"No. You're fine. I'll just have to get used to this." I say. 

Harry flashes me a perfect smile, but his sharp teeth show. We walk around for awhile. I'm growing more and more comfortable as we go. The Harry I know is back. And now that I think about it, he never left. He's just different. And I think I might be able to handle it.

We walk around for a while, then stop in the little forest. Harry sits us down in the snow. I mess with my fingers nervously. 

"How many people have you-um, you know." I say, nervous about his answer. 

He sits closer to me.

"I don't know. I don't like what I do, or who I am. It hurts me to take peoples lives. I try to hunt animals instead. But sometimes I just can't control myself." he says. 

My stomach flipped. Sometimes he cant control himself? I scoot a little farther away. He seems to get the point of my actions, and grabs my arm. Harry's face leans down close to mine. 

"But I promise, I will never hurt you. If I start to feel funny, I'll tell you to leave. I couldn't even imagine how terrible I would feel if I hurt you." he says. 

This doesn't ease my nervousness. I nod, trying my hardest to believe him. He lets my arm go. 

"Now that I know, can you tell me more? Like, how it happened. And what you do." 

My voice is shaky. Harry seemed nervous suddenly. 

"Unless you don't want to." I say quickly. 

He shakes his head. 

"No. Its alright. When I was nineteen, I went to a party to celebrate the end of high school. A lot of girls were there, and I admit, I made out with a couple of them." 

He made a devilish smile. I rolled my eyes. 

"Anyway, one girl brought me over to an upstairs bedroom and started kissing me. Her lips moved from my forehead, to my cheeks, to my lips, then down to my neck. That's when I noticed her sharp teeth. I was very afraid, and I wanted to run away when I saw those fangs. She sank her teeth into my neck, biting down harder and harder. I thought she was going to kill me, which is probably what she was trying to do. All I remember is screaming, then darkness overcame me. The next time I woke up, I was just like the girl, in total shock. I knew then I was a monster. I craved blood, and that's how I've been for a long time." 

I could tell this was painful for him to say. Honestly, it was painful to hear. 

"How did she not kill you?" I ask. 

He shrugged. "When you're biting down on someones neck, you either kill them and take their blood, or you can turn them into a vampire by draining them. It's complicated. I've never changed someone. And its for the best. Dying is better than being like me." he says. 

I scoot closer to him, our legs touching. 

"You didn't choose to be like this." I tell him. 

He looks away from me, the black rim around his eyes returning. His eyes have turned reddish brown again too. I didn't know if that meant he was hungry, or just mad. His vampire look had fully returned. 

"I know." 

We sit there for awhile, not saying anything. Then, he stands up and puts his hand out. 

"Want to go for a ride?" he asks. 

I stand up and take his cold hand. "What do you mean?" 

He smiles, his fangs showing. 

"Let's just say I can move around a lot faster than you." 

He pulls me close to him. 

"Hang on."

I wrap my arm around his middle, and his arm goes around my waist. Soon, the world is flashing before me like a blur. My hair is whipping through the wind, and I hold onto Harry tighter. My face buries into his chest. A smile spreads across my face as we whip through the air. Soon we stop. I had to take a moment to catch my breath. 

I had just realized how tightly I was holding onto Harry. My fingers were still digging into his shirt. Slowly, I let go. 

"Fast enough?" he asks. 

I run my fingers through my hair and let out a small laugh. 

"Um, yeah. So that's how you left so fast." 

He grinned. "Yep." 

Harry takes my hand, his thumb brushing over the back of my hand. 

"Thank you for not giving up on me." he says. 

I smile up at him. "You're welcome. And don't worry. I won't give up on you. Friends don't do that." I say. 

He smiles back. 

"Do friends hug?" he asks. 

My heart was suddenly racing. 

"Yes." 

My arms wrap around him. He does the same. My head rested on his shoulder. I could feel his cold breath on the back of my neck. We release, and smile at each other. 

"Can I walk you home?" he asks. I nod and take his hand.

*************

Now you know part of Harry's past! :0 Hope you enjoyed!!

**************