Chapter 22

I had a horrible time sleeping that night. Nightmares kept keeping me up. I felt bad for Harry. All he wants is for me to feel safe around him. And right now, I don't. I feel safe when he's with me, but I'm still scared. 

The next morning, I woke up with Harry and pretty much clung to him on the way downstairs. His arm circled around my waist. He knows I'm scared, and I know it's killing him. 

He sat us down on the couch. 

"I'm sorry." he whispers. 

He keeps saying that. I sigh and take his hands. 

"Its alright." 

He looks at me. 

"No. Its not. I almost lost you. And I know you're scared. I want you to feel safe around me, but I know you don't." 

I rested my head on him. I didn't know what to say. 

"You probably don't want to stay with me anymore." he says. 

I hold him closer. 

"Yes, I do. We don't have that much time left together." 

He tensed up. "Don't remind me." 

I nodded. I didn't want to think about it either. 

"Please don't leave me." he says. 

I could hear the pain in his voice. I want to hold him and tell him I wont leave him, but I can't. I took his hand. It didn't look good. His skin was so pale. Like it had no life in it. 

"Harry, are you ok?" I ask, changing the subject. 

He sat up a little more. "What do you mean?" 

I looked at his face too. His skin was almost white. 

"Your skin." 

He bit his lip. I had just noticed his vampire look had fully returned. It kind of scared me. 

"I'm fine. I just haven't been out to eat in a while." 

He was breathing heavily. I backed away a little. 

"Should I leave?" I ask. 

He looks at me, his eyes now red.

 "Uh, I-um-" he stutters. 

He quickly stands up. 

"Harry, go eat." I say. 

His fists tighten. 

"I-I cant l-leave you alone." he says. 

I stand up. 

"If you don't eat, you'll go nuts Harry. Please. I'll be fine." I say. 

I could tell he was trying to control himself. 

"Harry, please." I beg. 

He lets out a sigh. 

"Fine. But you have to go home. You can't be alone." 

I nod. 

"Ok. I'll change and go." 

He frowns. 

"Unless I could just stay here. I mean, you can do everything in vampire speed, right?" 

He shakes his head. 

"No. Eating takes me a while. Go home, baby. I'll get you later." 

I nod. He gives me a kiss on the cheek, but even that didn't feel the same. 

"I'll pick you up later." he says. 

I nod. In a second, he's gone. I go upstairs, grab my clothes, and run back home.

*HARRY'S POV*

I ran as fast as I could to the forest. I pressed myself against a tree, breathing heavily. My blood level was so low. 

I felt so weak. Its not good for me to go a whole day without eating. But I couldn't leave Naomi alone. I almost lost her, and I can't let that happen again. And its all because of that God damn Louis and Liam. 

I hate them so much. They hurt my Naomi. My baby. My everything. My fists clenched thinking about them. 

I looked all over for an animal. They must be hiding. They know I'm here. 

"What happened to you?" 

I spun around. Louis' evil red eyes stared into mine. 

"I fell in love. And you will not touch her." I say, my temper getting worse. 

He crosses his arms. 

"Just change her, Harry. Make her one of us. Then we can all be together." 

I let out a growl and step closer to him. 

"I would never do that to her. I would never let her suffer like I do. She doesn't deserve any of this. She's scared, Louis. She is terrified of you. You're torturing her. You hurt her." I say. 

Louis let a growl out too. His fangs had grown. 

"I can't believe you're letting all that blood go. Look at you. You're as pale white as the snow. If you're looking for blood, she is perfect." 

I grab him and throw him to the ground. 

"Damn you! I love her and I would never let anything like that happen to her! I would never let her go through the pain and torture I go through!" I scream at him. 

Louis wiggled himself free. 

"You're going nuts, Harry. You need blood." 

I run my fingers through my hair, trying to calm down. 

"That's why I'm here." 

He lets a small laugh out. 

"Haz, you're a vampire. Animals aren't what you want. You want people. Just grab one or two. I'll go with you." he says. 

My fists get even tighter. 

"Never." 

He shrugged. 

"Fine. Have it your way." 

He turns away, leaving me to watch him disappear. Im breathing really heavily now. Too heavily. I need blood. I find a deer, and strike. 

After I finish, I sit in the snow and look down. I wipe my mouth off and lick at my fangs. What am I? I'm a monster. Naomi doesn't deserve me. She doesn't deserve all of this pain and torture.

 I may love her, but I don't know if I can let her go through this anymore.

*********

:O Hope you enjoyed!!

*********