Six: Divorce and Custody

Two months ago, my parents was talking about getting divorce. My dad has been nicer to us than usually and mom has been herself, which it nice and sweet and caring. Today my siblings and I are going to court to see who takes full custody of us. I want to stay with mom because she supported my choice and loves me for me.

Dad was mad at me for a month then finally gave in, knowing that i wont change my mind. I put on my floral dress with my gladiator sandals. My hair is in a high bun with a floral bow. I grabbed my clutch and my phone and went downstairs with mom and siblings. The boys go with mom(lucky) and the girls go with that and Kat is scared of dad. I can understand that. He always yell at her and abused her at one point.

"Ready to go?"Mom asked. The boys nodded and soon dad came down.

"Get in the car! Now!"He yelled at us. Kat holds onto my dress and Liv holds my hand. We walked to the car then got in. I'm not siting in the front with dad. Definitely not!

"Mia why won't you sit in the front?"He asked.

"I don't wanna."

"Get in the front!"

"No!"

"GET IN TH FRONT!"

"Hell no!"

I look over at Liv to see her recording this. Dad grunts and pulls out the driveway.

"I can't stand y'all rotted ass kids."He mumbles under his breathe.

From: Livvy
To: MiMi
Dad called us rotted ass kids. Bro he doesn't even do shit for us, tf?

From: MiMi
To: Livvy
Right, he's been like this since I was little

We pulled up to the court. It felt like forever to even get inside the court room. All 5 of us kids sat on moms side. Austin and Stephany came to support us. Kat sat on my lap as Liv sits on the right of me. The boys sat on the left. Austin was directly behind me with Steph on the side of him.

2 hours later

"It's settled. Alexis Robinson gets full custody of: Mia Robinson, Dustin Robinson, Olivia Robinson, Blake Robinson and Katlyn Robinson. Case dismissed."The judge use the gable then left.

I jumped up and hugged everyone. I get to live with my mom.