Severus Snape

Whispers followed Harry and me wherever we went and people creeped outside the common room to get a good look at us. We were the Boy who Lived, that Weird Girl that's in Two Houses, and the Sixth Ginger kid to come to Hogwarts."Argh!" Harry groaned one day, " I have enough to worry about with classes and those dumb staircases, now I have to deal with people talking about me!" I knew what he meant about the staircases, they moved every thirty seconds and it was VERY annoying. I got lost the other day because of them.

"It's the doors too mate" said Ron slumping his head against the table. Some of the doors wouldn't open unless you tickled them, or politely asked them. "You guys!" I said, hitting their arms, "We are in a MAGIC school, for Godric's sake! Ron, that may not be so amazing to you, but for me and Harry, it is. So suck it up and be boys! Be amazed at ridiculous things!"

Honestly, my least favorite part was Peeves the Poltergeist. He always was getting kids in trouble. The only person that might be worse than Peeves, would be Argus Filch, the caretaker. He did the same thing as Peeves, except he didn't prank, you could tell he HATED kids.

The classes weren't so bad. Professor Sprout taught Herbology, and Professor Flitwick taught Charms. He was so short, he had to stand on books to see students. Professor Binns taught History of Magic, and that was to MOST BORING class ever. Even more boring than Muggle History, but he did know more history than anyone at Hogwarts, he was a ghost. Professor McGonagall taught Transfiguration, and that was my favorite class. We had to turn a match into a needle. By the end, I had managed to make it a half needle, and Mione had been able to make it a full on needle. McGonagall praised her for doing so. Defense Against the Dark Arts was also boring but not quite History of Magic.

Ron groaned again. "What is is this time!?" I exclaimed, exasperated. "We have Double Potions with Slytherins today. Snape is the Head of Slytherin House and he favors them." Ron replied groaning again. "Wish McGonagall favored us," said Harry. I wish she favored us so she wouldn't give us as much homework.

SQUA! Hundreds of owls flew into the Great Hall, most carrying mail, others, not. Athena hadn't brought me anything yet, but it would be cool to get some owl mail. TWEET!TWEET! I smiled. I recognized those two birds. Hedwig and Athena were ,in a friendly way, fighting over some mail. Athena won, (yay) and gave me the mail. I smirked at Harry and he grunted. In HUGE messy handwriting, there was a message scrawled.

Dear Harry or Emma,
Hedwig and Athena were fighting over this and I didn't know who to address it to. I know you get Friday afternoons off, so would you like to come around and have a cup of tea with me around three? I want to hear all about it your first week. Send an answer back with Athena or Hedwig.
Hagrid
I smiled ad wrote Yes on a piece of paper and sent Athena off again. I was glad I had Hagrid to look forward to because Potions sounded horrible. And it was indeed, HORRIBLE.

I could tell Snape hated me from the moment he saw me. Potions took place in the dungeons, and it was FREEZING in there. Snape started by calling roll and like EVERY other teacher, he paused at Harry's name. "Harry Potter, our new celebrity" He said celebrity with disgust. Malfoy, and his two henchmen, Crabbe and Goyle, laughed. I clenched my fists.

He finished calling roll, and started giving us a speech on Potions, and how important they are. I tuned in when I heard the word dunderheads. Mione sat up, as if she was determined to prove that she wasn't a dunderhead. "Potter!" Snape said, "What would I get if I added a powdered root of asphodel to and infusion of wormwood. Harry looked clueless. "I don't know sir" was all he said.

I, of course with Mione quizzing me all the time over the summer,knew the answer so I raised my hand, but not as high as my sister's. He sneered, and said "Tsk, Tsk, clearly fame isn't everything. Let's try again, where would you look if I told you to find a bezoar?" I again raised my hand, a little higher, but he still ignored it. " I don't know sir" he said again. "What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" he asked, trying to embarrass Harry even farther. I raised my hand a little higher, but my sister was out of her seat.

"I don't know sir, but you should try the Granger girls, I think they know." Harry said gesturing to me and Hermione. "Put your hand down!" he said to us. "For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful, it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is located in the stomach of a goat, and will cure most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, also called aconite. Well? Why aren't you copying that down?"

Everyone started looking for their quills and took notes. The rest of Potions went like this. Snape embarrassing Harry and taking away points. "Can I go to Hagrid's with you guys?" Ron asked once we were dismissed. "Sure!" I said. We walked down there and the first thing we heard was "Back, Fang." This repeated about 10 times,and then Hagrid let us in.

"This is Ron" said Harry , pointing at him. "Another Weasley eh? I'm going to spend me life chasing those twins o' yours" Hagrid said. We talked about Ron's family, and Snape. Hagrid thought he didn't hate Harry, but Harry kept arguing. I picked up a paper on the floor, and it said Daily Prophet. This must be the wizard newspaper, I thought as I opened it up and read it.

GRINGOTTS BREAK IN LATEST

Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on July 31 widely believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches unknown. Gringotts goblins today insisted that nothing had been taken. The vault that was searched had been fact been emptied the same day. "But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out if you know what's good for you," said a Gringotts spokesgoblin this afternoon.

"Hagrid!" yelled Harry, "That was the vault we emptied." I didn't realize that he was reading along with me, but apparently he was. Gears were spinning in my head as I wondered why Snape hated Harry so much. Nothing that day was better than tea with Hagrid. I was thinking as Harry, Ron and I walked back to the castle.

~

Hello! Another chapter with 1206 words I might add! I am using the book, it is right next to me, so some of this I am doing word for word. All the credit goes to J K Rowling, except Emma! ~ Having feet that fall asleep, EmmaLovegood