Chapter 1

I've been in LA for 4 days now. My audition is tomorrow and I've been practicing like crazy. My hotel room is so big and nice. I already made it feel like home. Good thing its prepaid by The Voice otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it haha. It was 1pm so I decided to go to Starbucks. After I got back to my room around 3 I got a phone call, it was a Florida area code but I didn't no who it was. I answered it and said "Hello?" a man answered. "Hello mam is this Amanda Knightly I'm speaking to?" "This is she. How may I help you sir?" I asked back. "Well miss I'm from the Florida police department and I would like you to come in to" before he could finish what he was saying I said "Oh I'm very sorry but I'm in LA,CA. I'm here for the tv show The Voice." "Oh ok well then I guess I'll have to tell you this over the phone. Are you sitting down miss?" He asked. By now I was very nervous and scared of what he was going to say. "Yes I am." I answered back. "Ok well last night we got a 911 call from one of your neighbors. Mam I'm very sorry but your parents house burned down. I'm also very sorry to inform you, your parents didn't make it out. I'm sorry for your loss." I couldn't believe what he had just told me. My parents were dead, I had no home to go to, I had no money, and now I had no family. He then said "Mam again I'm very sorry but we are investigating this as a murder. This was no accident that happened. If you wouldn't mind giving mea description of what you were doing between 10pm and 4am. I no your in LA but its a priority to have this information." I was barely able to talk but I said "Well I was getting back to my hotel room from seeing White House Down at 10pm. Then  at about 11:30pm I had room service bring me up some fruit because I was hungry and until 3am I was out on my balcony enjoying the nighttime view of LA. After that I went to bed and woke up here at 9am this morning." I said while silently crying through the phone. "Ok thank you very much mam and good luck. If you have any questions what so ever please give me a call." "Ok thank you." and I hung up. The rest of the day I just cried and cried and cried. I had no family, my parents were dead, I had no home, and I wouldn't be able to inherit anything until my 18th birthday. The only thing keeping me alive is knowing I'm on The Voice tomorrow. If I snap even just a tiny bit I will be gone. Then I realized what song I was singing tomorrow and it made me cry harder.