Chapter 5

It's been about a week and Nadine was nowhere to be found.

Not a trace of her scent nor a strand of her hair was in sight. Her usual seat in the back was empty, and James was starting to get anxious due to her sudden disappearance.

What bothered him the most was he seemed like the only person who noticed she wasn't around. Or if not the only person who noticed, he was the only person who cared.

The rest of the class just carried on with their normal lives. And God did that anger James. Their actions only implied that: (1) she didn't matter, (2) she wasn't important and (3) she wasn't worth the worry.

He would've understood them not giving two shits about her absence if it only lasted for a day or two, but dang. One whole week? That wasn't normal. We all have our lazy days, but that never lasts for a week. Something must have happened. And if no one else was interested in doing anything about it, James would do it all by himself.

He tried fishing information from students, the ones who gossiped the most, but unfortunately, he got nothing. He then tried approaching Yassi, asking if she knew about Nadine's whereabouts, but she was clueless, just like everyone else was. She told him she only hung out with Nadine around school, and never really had contact with her outside of school. James, frustrated more than ever, headed to the office of student affairs. He wanted to know if Nadine's parents gave them a call to inform them of what might have happened, but much to his dismay, no calls were made. Nothing. Nada.

She just vanished. Vanished into thin air without even a clue.

How the hell would he end up finding her? At this rate, he'd end up getting nowhere.

Why can't he just be like everyone else? Why does he have to care about Nadine when he doesn't even know her that much to be this concerned about her? When the only interaction they ever made was just a few exchange of glances and some small talk?

James sighed, utterly and completely defeated.

Because truth be told, he didn't know the answers to those questions himself.

**

James was in a pretty sour mood for the rest of the week. It's been what? Nine days. And still, he had no lead. Even Bret, his best bud, found it difficult to talk to him. James would just tell him to fuck off whenever he tried to initiate a conversation or crack one of his corny jokes. He even dissed all the house parties Henz threw, and everyone knew how sick Henz's parties were.

James even turned down Julia, Ericka and the rest of the girls who constantly bothered and invited him over to their lovely homes. Why did they invite James over? Oh, you know. To just chill, if you know what I mean. And James wasn't really the type to reject a good fuck. If she practically throws herself at you, who are you to turn her down?

It was already four in the afternoon, and James had come up with a plan. It wasn't his brightest, but hey, it was still a plan. And right now he was desperate.

He knew the head of the office of student affairs was on his way home. He always took off at around four, leaving a student assistant behind to take over for the rest of the hour and sort out the remaining paperworks left.

And he was going to use this to his advantage.

Slowly, he approached the office and knocked. A soft voice then muttered for him to come in, and so he did. Sure enough, Elisse, the student assistant assigned to the office of student affairs, was in the room. She was going around and organizing a stack of what seemed like newly arrived books in the far corner.

The office had a dark mahogany desk in the middle, two chairs situated in front of it on either side. A small chandelier illuminated the room, giving the area quite a nice glow. The floors were carpeted a color of rich velvet, and a huge shelf filled with students' files and books ranging from small fiction books to large encyclopedias were on the left. On the opposite side of the shelf was a couch, where James decided to make himself at home and comfy, but not before locking the door.

Elisse's eyes met his, an expression of pure shock written across her face. James knew the shy and innocent girl had a crush on him. And he gave her the most charming yet cunning smile he could offer.

"W-what do you want?" Elise croaked.

James unbuttoned the first two buttons of his button-up shirt, and bit his lower lip for dramatic effect with a rather playful glint in his eyes as he looked at Elisse.

"Damn, it's hot in here." He replied, not answering her question. He noticed Elisse's gaze travelled to the exposed region of his chest, making him cheer a little bit inside, for everything was going according to plan.

James cleared his throat, grabbing her attention. Her eyes now back on his, realizing she's been caught looking elsewhere, her cheeks turned a deep shade of pink.

"I believe you have something that I want, Ms. Joson."

Elisse, who tried to act unaffected, moved. She took an open file from the desk and headed towards the shelves, putting it back in its proper place.

James stood up and positioned himself behind her, his breath against her neck. The hair on the back of Elisse's neck rose, goosebumps were now all over her skin, her breathing suddenly hitched. James leaned in close and spoke right into her ear with a growl. "I heard you aren't as innocent as I believe you to be, Ms. Joson."

Elisse tensed. She felt the temperature in the room drop drastically as she was frozen in her spot.

James retrieved a blindfold from his backpocket, covering Elisse's sense of vision. She made no move to remove it, hell, she was actually enjoying this. James had a gut feeling she had a blindfold kink, and wow, he was right.

James turned her around, pushing her against the shelves. He continued whispering all the words that would easily turn her on, his arm snaked around her waist while his eyes started scanning the shelves looking for the file he needed.

After a couple of seconds, he found it. But he wasn't gonna take it just yet. He figured playing around with Elisse some more would be much safer, having known she might suspect something if he were to leave right away since he never showed interest in the girl.

He dragged her across the room to the swiveling chair, making her sit on it. James hands travelled from her knees, up, up, up til he reached her inner thighs and stopped. Elisse's core was throbbing with need, eager to find out what James would do next with his skillful hands. He was so close, though.

"Wait a second and stay put." He ordered, hastily making his way back to the files. He took Nadine's file and brought out his phone, taking photos of it for taking the file itself might get him in trouble. It had her address, her phone number, everything he needed if he wanted to know where he should start in order to find her. Once done, he put it back in its place and scribbled a note, leaving it on the desk before walking slowly towards the door. Trying not to make much noise, he opened it and left with a triumphant smile.

He shook his head, took a peek at his phone and memorized Nadine's address.

Job well done Reid. Mission accomplished.

He fought the urge to give himself a pat on the back.

"I'm coming for you, Nadine."

**

Ms. Joson, I'm sorry but something urgent which badly needed my attention came up. See you around school.

**

Author's Note: Another update! Anyone against Jaye's ways? At least he got what he was looking for!

All the love,
Ché