Chapter Two

Past (2014)

Chapter Two

Summer of 2014 we all got word that the house infont of our home was finally bought after one year in real estate market. I guess with the recent world economic crisis nobody wanted to buy the house, I guessed wrong since I saw the sold sign when I went out to buy food because I was hungry.

The house was put up in the market when The Robinson's went bankrupt and failed to meet their mortgage payments and before you ask how I know about it, it's because I just know. We lived in a rather large town, but everybody knew everybody's business right here.

It's quite annoying if you ask me; because these women gossip like wildfire and I had my fair share of being the topic of their mouths. If I remember very well, which I do by the way; there was this one time when somebody spread a rumor that I died. Suffice to say that the very next day I saw many people visiting my parent's home only for them to ask if I was dead or when will my funeral be held. My mom was pissed and my dad fuming at the end of the day, but it's not like they could do anything about it.

I wouldn't be even the least surprised that by the end of the day every single person on this town knew that the house facing us was finally bought. Some people even made it their business to know when will the family move in judging by slow driving in the street we were living in and glancing at the house. It's very stupid and creepy if you ask me, because who in their right mind would go to that extent to be so no damm nosy as fuck?

Days turned to weeks and still nobody moved in the sold house and that made the people here even more nosier because who the flying ducks would buy a house in these times of economic downturn and not move in their house? Only a rich person I thought to myself bitterly.

It's not that I envy the rich because we have money, but we never show it off like the rest of my family. They are just a bunch of stuck-up rich assholes that want to flaunt their riches to people's faces all the time. My parents could easily buy a huge mansion, but they never do because unlike my stuck-up family, my parents never believed in flaunting their wealth to people's faces. That was proven right when we moved to a small three story, four bedroom townhouse in this comfy neighborhood.

Two months after the house was sold I had my fourteenth surgery because the cancer came back with a vengeance. I had stage four thyroid cancer now and it nearly spread to my lungs but I guess they removed a piece of my body in order to stop it from spreading.

The one thing I hated after surgery was when the doctor told me that I was in remission. To put it bluntly I know that they are just holding me back from finally having peace and suffering no pain. I'm honestly afraid of death at this point to be honest because I haven't yet grasped the fact that I'm gonna die anytime soon.

A moving truck was the first thing I spotted when we came back from the hospital after spending one week in the Emergency Room after my surgery. I'm surprised that the people in here haven't come to hounded these people for information regarding their past life or why they moved right here. I didn't even get a chance to see who were the new neighbors because the chemotherapy began making me feel dizzy.

The symptom was all to familiar to because once I got dizzy, my eyes would close and I would doze off no matter where I am. I think that I need to thank my dad for his strong and muscled build or else he would have trouble carrying me to my bed. It's not that I'm fat eat nor skinny; I'm just close to average. I inherited my mom's height quite actually and let me tell you she was really short, but not all that short either because I was five inches more taller than her.

It's wasn't till six o'clock that the effects wore off and I didn't even get to meet the new family who moved in the house facing ours because of these damm side effects. I won't lie, I was mad because apparently all the town people already knew who they were while I was in lala land.

I didn't know why I upset because I almost never am, but like all the times I just shrugged it off like if wasn't nothing. When I went down to the kitchen to feed the lion living inside my stomach that night, I saw my mom causally sitting in the kitchen with a coffee mug in her hand. It was then and there that I finally decided to ask her about the new neighbors and she told me that she already met them.

I decided to be somewhat nosey teenager because I asked how they looked to which she replied by only arching her perfectly shaped brow. It took a moment of silence before she gave me a one hell of a creepy cheshire grin before she started spilling all the juicy details. My mom was blabbing about them continuously and it starting to give me a headache and when she finished I only understood the basics of the conversation we just had.

Apparently there were five members of the family and one thing she kept saying over and over was that they were all drop dead gorgeous. They were all of russian decent apparently, but they never told my mom the main reason they moved because every time my mom asked them they easily changed the topic. I guess it was a sore subject, but atleast I knew something about them I taught exhaustedly. I sighed because I could feel the side effects of my pills slowly creeping in and I quickly told my mom goodnight and made a beeline to my bed.