•Prologue•

Avery

It was about 11:40 at night when I finally came across the parking lot for the gas station. I was walking home from a party, and my parents house was just a couple miles away.

My stomach rumbled, which caused me to walk towards the station entrance. I heard the squeaky wheels of a car pull up behind me. I turned to look at the car, noticing it was a small red Toyota.

I turned my head back toward the building, not thinking much about the car behind me. I heard the breaks squeal as they stopped right behind me.

Turning towards the car, I saw a man get out. As the streetlight illuminated his features, my eyes widened and my breathing quickened. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins as the situation slowly hit me.

The Dollhouse Murderer, or also known as the Tagger, was right in front of me. He was known for decorating his victims, all women, like dolls, makeup and all. The Tagger part came from when he found his next victim, he would say-

"Tag, you're it." He said with a low voice, his words seeming to have floated away into the air as I stood there shaking.

Running through the parking lot, he chased me and he wouldn't stop. His words echoed in my mind.

Tag, you're it.
Tag
Tag, you're it.

Next thing I know, he grabbed my hair and pushed me down, the impact of my back hitting the ground caused the air to be knocked out of me.

He sat on top of me, staring at my face as I was trying to catch my breath and escape from this psycho.

"Didn't you hear me?" His eyebrows furrowed, "I said you were it. Now let's dress you up." He smirked.

He got off me, grabbing my arm and yanking me off the ground. I would've fallen again, if he didn't pick me up and had started walking. I kicked and punched, and he pushed me down onto the ground. He grabbed my hair and started pulling me across the pavement, me crying hysterically from pain and from fear. My clothes were being torn apart, my hair is probably being ripped out, and I'm being kidnapped by a fucking serial killer.

I heard his trunk pop open, and he grabbed something metal that sounded much too heavy. He brought it into my view from the ground, showing me it was a large metal pipe. I started crying even harder, knowing that this will be the end of my existence.

He swung the pipe and knocked me to the ground by hitting my temple.

That was the last thing I remembered before I blacked out.