•Part 2•

Avery

"Rise and shine, my little ball of fur!" I heard him shout down through the cellar doors. "Oh wait, wrong nursery. Whateves."

He climbed down the ladder, wearing a black sweater with the sleeves too long, black skinny jeans and black boots.

"Anyways, it's breakfast time! I made scrambled eggs, pancakes, and bacon. And while you eat I'll tell you why I became this way." He carried the tray to the bed, setting it down on my lap. "Oh! I also set some clothes on the chair in that corner." He smiled, pointing to the corner.

I refused to eat the food, worried that it could be poisoned. He waited a few seconds before speaking, putting on a sad face, pouting his lips.

"You're not going to eat that? I spent almost an hour this morning trying to make it perfect." He stared into my eyes while saying this.

I pushed the tray to the ground, the loud noise echoing in the room. I wasn't going to play by his rules, I was going to play by mine.

He stared at the food on the ground, a scowl prominent on his face. Looking up at me, my heart rate quickened thinking about what he was going to do. He lifted his hand, and I let out a squeak, hiding in my arms.

"What are you doing? I was just rubbing my face

"What are you doing? I was just rubbing my face." He eyebrows furrowed.

I came out from under my arms and already felt tears in my eyes. God, I was such a fucking crybaby.

"Aw, don't cry." He got up to get a tissue, sitting back down. "At least not yet." He mumbled just loud enough for me to hear. I started to cry very hard after hearing that.

"P-please don't hu-urt m-me." I managed to get out. "I j-just want to go-o home." I started hiccuping.

"Sorry boo, but I can't do that. Too risky." He shrugged his shoulders. "Anyways, story time!" He clapped his hands suddenly, scaring me into crying even harder. "Ugh, why do you cry so much? You're ruining your makeup from the last night. It was so pretty, too." He glared at me.

"Alright, story! When I was younger, I didn't have very many friends. In fact, none at all. I was bullied a lot because I liked to play with Barbies and do makeup on myself." He paused, staring at the ground. "My momma always told me that everyone was just jealous about how much better I was than them. I knew it wasn't true, though. So I tried to find something that everyone seemed to like, but I was a little bit late in the game. The game I found was tag. Only one person would play it with me. She was absolutely stunning. I would tell anybody that would listen about much she took my breath away. One day, I worked up the courage to kiss her."

I vaguely remembered that happening to me. But, I couldn't be for sure if he was talking about me.

"We sat alone on the soccer field, looking at the clouds. I turned to her, grabbed her cheeks, and kissed her. She pushed me down, running away. Everybody laughed at me, saying that nobody but my momma would love me. I cried that day when walking home. I did self harm after that, I did try to commit. I tried to do a lot of things. Eventually I found someone else, we got involved sexually, and she broke up with me after that. But I still hadn't gotten over the other girl. Do you want to know who the other girl was?" He looked up at me. I shook my head quickly.

"It was you." He whispered, hatred in his eyes. "I loved you, and you pushed me away."

"I-I'm sorry." I mumbled, trying to hide underneath the sheets.

He ripped the sheets away, forcefully grabbing my shoulders and throwing me on the ground.

"YOU'RE NOT SORRY! YOU NEVER WERE!" He screamed at me, kicking my stomach.

I cried out in agony, while he kept kicking. He picked me up by wrists and pinned me against the wall.

"I went crazy since that day. Something switched in my brain, and I wanted revenge. And now I'll finally get it." He sneered at me. He tilted his head to the right.

"I'll go get everything ready." He dropped me to the ground and spit on me.

He went to the ladder, climbing up to the surface. He peeped his head back in after he brought the ladder out.

"Oh, and by the way, my name is Luke."

The closing of the doors left me enclosed in darkness, just a sliver of light being the only thing to help me into the bed.