88 RIFLEDEN

(DeathTheKid POINT OF VIEW)

'Clothes, check.
Wallet, check.
New cellphone, check.
Bezelbub, check.
Cat, check
Mirror-'

My mental checklist was interrupted by my father's voice. "C'mon Kiddo! If you don't hurry up, you'll miss your 8 o'clock departure!"
At that, I was out the front door like a bullet out of a gun.

TIMESKIP: On the plane ('Cuz I'm lazy)

Sitting in an empty private plane, is not fun. That's why I flew with a public airline. I was seated next to a little girl and her father, both of which were obviously not originally from Death City.

"Excuse me." It was the little girl. "What's your cat's name?" She nodded toward Eight, who was asleep on my lap.
"Her name is Eight." I said, a small smile gracing my features as I scratched said Eight between the ears.
"That's a bit of an odd name." The girl answered before being lectured by her father about respect.

Once the plane arrived at my destination, I collected my luggage and made my way to the exit, Eight following behind.

It was about 10:15 and I looked at the note Father had given me. It read:
'Hey Kiddo!
Attached to this note is the key to the place I bought for you. The address is 88 Rifleden ave and I have a limo waiting for you.
~ Dad XOXO'

Sure enough, taped to the back of the paper was a large, old-fashioned, brass key. Stepping through the automated glass doors I saw a shiny black limousine with skull decorations on the front. 'really father?' Sliding into the leather seats I started to rub my temples. 'Trust my father to foil any plans of laying low...'

My jaw hit the pavement. What the note failed to mention was that 88 Rifleden ave was a GODDAMN FREAKING MINI-MANSION!!! Cursing under my breath I walked up the path to my new home.

WORD COUNT: 308

I am literally writing this at 10:16 pm. Please notify me of any mistakes. Criticism welcomed.
Thanks!