Part 06

RK was at home when Trishna excitedly runs in.

"Hey!"

RK scowls at her in reply because of her Madhu has stopped coming home.

"I wanted to ask you something."

"What?" RK asks not interested.

"If I bring home a puppy, that puppy would be mine and not yours, right?"

"Do you know to take care of a puppy?" RK asks her.

"That I'll manage... answer me."

"Yeah!"

"You won't pester me for playing with it, right?" Trishna asks him.

RK shrugs in reply.

"That won't do... give me your word like a man." Trishna says stubbornly.

"I won't pester you."

"Good... so it would be the case for other things too right?"

"Like?" RK asks frowning.

"Hmmm... like a parrot... a cat... PSP... hula hoop."

"Hula hoop?" RK asks unbelievably. "Why would I want to play with that?"

"Because it is fun... and I was talking in general."

"I don't want anything of yours. Now stop irritating me!"

"You give me your word?"

"YEAH!"

Trishna starts smiling proudly and tying her hand at her chest, she screams out "Okay... you can come in now."

Madhu opens the door and runs in excitedly, "SURPRISE!"

"WHAT THE..?" RK stands up furiously.

"What?" Madhu asks shocked. "You are not surprised?"

"This is your puppy?" RK turns to Trishna angrily.

"Yes." Trishna replies smiling proudly, "Now, you can play with her after she and I are done!"

"WHAT?" Madhu asks in shock.

"He gave me his word." Trishna tells her smirking.

"You did?" Madhu asks him smiling proudly at him, "I knew you would behave more maturely among you two."

"You cheated me!" RK tells Trishna.

"She was not willing to come... and I used my brains to bring her home. I told her that we won't fight over her. so keep your end of the deal."

"I didn't know you were talking about her!" RK says pissed.

"I am shocked you fell for it... any idiot would have guessed that I was hinting at her." Trishna tells him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" RK turns to Madhu.

"We thought of surprising you. What happened? Why are you pissed?" Madhu asks confused.

"I spoke metaphorically and he fell for it!" Trishna tells her cheekily. "Come let's go to my room."

"Madhu..." RK calls her in a warning tone.

"You gave me your word and now be a man and keep it!"

RK furiously looks at Trishna while she smirked and pulled Madhu's hand to walk to her room.

"Let's go shopping." Trishna excitedly tells Madhu.

"Let's ask RK to come with us." Madhu tells her. She was feeling bad for what Trishna did and surprisingly RK had stood by his word and hadn't come for her even once.