Part 09

One month later

Madhu was watching Preethi and Humar enacting a funny incident that happened at the mall with a small smile on her face. As they finished she laughs out loud happily.

"Oh Shit! It's time. I gotta go." Humar says checking her watch.

"Drop me on the way." Preethi tells her and they both leave quickly leaving Madhu and Trishna alone in the coffee shop.

"How long are you going to keep this?" Trishna asks her.

"Keep what?" Madhu asks her as she started gathering her bags to leave.

"This act of yours that you are happy without my brother."

"I am not putting up any act, Trish. I just want to move on." Madhu replies.

"One of you has to compromise, Madhubala." Trishna tells her as she grabs her bag and walks out with Madhu.

"How can I live with him without marriage?"

"You know what he went through when he was small."

"That doesn't mean our marriage will break. Doesn't he trust me?" Madhu asks her hurt.

"He trusts you, Madhubala but his believes of all these years are not easy to overcome."

"What about my believes?" Madhu asks her.

"Madhubala... babes... I know what you are saying but my brother..."

"I love him, Trish but I can't do this." Madhu tells her helplessly and walks away.

Trishna watches Madhu walk away sadly. Tired she decides to go back home.

Madhu walks into her room tired and closes the door behind her. every time she entered her room, she remembers the time spend with RK here. they had been so madly in love, they were so happy then why suddenly everything had to change? Why couldn't they have that conversation a day later? Or never? Madhu thought sadly as she closed her eyes fighting her tears. She shouldn't cry. Crying eases pain and her pain was the only thing that was connecting her to RK. She takes deep breath trying to calm herself. Tired she falls on the bed too drained to even fall asleep.

Madhu closes her eyes sadly hearing the phone ring. She fights her urge to pick up the call finally giving up she picks up.

"Please stop doing this to me, RK." Madhu pleads him as she picked the call.

"I can't take this anymore, Madhu." RK tells her drunkenly.

In the last one month, every time he got drunk he would call her.

"Please RK. We want different things from life."

"But we want each other too, right Madhu?" RK asks her sadly.

"I can't live with you without marriage."

"Why is marriage so important to you?"

"Because it is, RK. I want to marry you."

"I am scared to lose you, Madhu. I am scared of marriage. Please be with me."

"Stop calling me, RK. I'll block your number."

"You are all I have Madhu. There is no meaning to my life without you. Nothing feels good."

Madhu gulps the lump that was forming in her throat.

"I love you so much, Madhu. I have never loved anyone as much as I love you. I know, you don't love me as much as I love you. There are more important people than me in your life... but please don't leave me, Madhu." RK pleads as his voice broke.