Chapter 2

Boom! Metal pieces, glass shards, and pieces of debris flew from the lair. To me everything was in slow-mo. Me and Idiot were "flying" out of the building about to land on the hard ground in the middle of nowhere. Even, I couldn't land on my feet or anything, we landed on our bodies. A giant metal piece from the building landed right next to us. Who knew Dr. Zhark would be that stupid?

" Hey! Are you okay?" Idiot asked. He reached a hand for me and raised my sleeve. I winced and looked at my wrists. They were bloody, I probably scratched them on glass shards. Idiot grabbed some cloth from his pocket?! Who knew he had a pocket? He wrapped it around my wrists to stop the bleeding.  We both got up and walked or limped our way to the car. The Ninja car. ( The Ninja Car, is only visible to Ninjas )

" Midnight!" Idiot yelled, " Look out! "

( BTW, Midnight is her Ninja Nickname, Idiot's is Shadow, but she doesn't know that ) 

Then, everything went black...

"Midnight!" I heard a familiair voice yell. I opened my eyes and realized I was in the Emergency Room ( in HQ)

It was Idiot. " What is your name?" I asked. I guess thats the least I can do and learn the guy's name. ( Even though he annoys me to death )

" Shadow" He replied, " What happen to you? You're never THAT clumsy!"

Pssh, when am I ever clumsy? " Are you impliing that I'm clumsy?" I asked, fake hurt. He chuckled " Why do you think I always have to help you?" 

" I always end up saving the day, for your information!" I complained. 

"Midnight.." The Chief said, walking through the door. ( A.K.A My uncle ) Idi- I mean Shadow walked to a corner of the room, obviously wanting to listen. My uncle motioned him to listen too. 

" I see that you two are my top ninjas " The cheif said, " both of you had the skill at a very young age, I'm giving the both of you to a promotion "  Me and Shadow's jaws dropped to the ground. 

" But, " The chief continued, " this promotion includes a partner, and I choosen you two to work together."  The chief said something about no longer fighting Zhark because hes been caught for now, and our new enemy is our age 18... His name is Cody and hes really evil ( not like Zhark ).

Great! Our mision starts tomorrow. After school. Hooray! What a nice chain of events. Note the sarcasm. I turned to look at Shadow, of course, he had a smug look on his face....