Aries: The Ram

"I know right? Mrs Hallburn was so annoying today, she even gave us extra Geometry homework!"

I giggled in response to Audrey's mockery. Mrs Hallburn was the most hated teacher in school, and i guess you guys know why right?

That's right. Homework.

We had our trays of food in hands and quickly made our way to our usual table near the entrance of the heavy glass doors.

"Aries, can I have your muffin? The old Cook forgotten mine~

I quickly snatched the double chocolate chipped muffin far away from her and munched on it forcefully in front of her, staring straight into her eyes.

"Chocolate muffin? I don't see one,"

I innocently stared at her with a confused look. Audrey mouth quivered and grabbed my hand.

"Why are you always so mean to me Aries?!"

She pleaded, her eyes soon turning dramatically glassy.

I smirked as I shook her off vigorously. With another giggle from her, she returned to her seat and started digging into her food.

There was a small stage in front of the dining hall which was commonly used for making announcements and performances. Today, our Headmaster Mr Brian, walked onto it with his usual deadening aura.

He was your usual discipline master, having a pair of droopy glasses over his nose bridge and a rather round belly.

Once he stepped onto stage, the Dining Hall immediately silenced.

He tapped the microphone and after he tested the sound, he began to speak.

"Today, we have a few government officials coming down to our school, suspecting one of our students here is involved in the Zodiacs,"

A sudden burst of softened chatter filled the hall.

The Zodiacs. They were the ones who kept our faith alive, our soul alive.

Each of us were born on different times, each belonging to different Zodiacs.

Yet the good guys they were, the Government thought of them as criminals, convicts.

They thought the Zodiacs were just utter bullshit (and I mean literally) and they don't deserve the respect after what they had done.

15 years ago, it was believed that the Revolutionary Civil War started because of a scientist, 9 scientists to be exact, which goes by the name of Zodiacs.

They each believed that the Government was not one that the people could trust in. So they took the traits of the different Zodiacs, the different elements and modified themselves which successfully completed.

Their leader, Aries, brought her team around the world, showing what they were capable of, taking control of whatever they could to fight the Government.

They split their people into different leaders per their date of birth and deeming traits.

When the day finally came, they clashed. Blood was shedded, people died, and when they were about to win, the Government used something they promised to never use.

The Nuclear Bomb.

Thereafter, they announced that 8 zodiacs were not dead but captured, if people were to swear their loyalty to them, the Zodiacs would be kept alive.

The only one not caught was Aries, the only hope.

For years the Government has been searching for her, as she was the sole cause for the remaining resistance.

Yet she was never found. Until today.

The glass door shattered to pieces as a man who had a body size like a bull walked in casually.

Mr Brian glanced at the man with knitted eyebrows and stepped down stage.

With a grin, the man walked onto the stage, the board creaking under his weight.

"I am here, to be honest, to find a person who goes by the name Aries. It is no coincidence that someone here is called that. And no doubt she would be tested for chemical abilities right here and now,"

He had a gruff voice, his chin had a few stitches and his hair was shaved bald.

He wore a suit of the officials and his muscles were ripping through it.

Audrey turned to me with a worried look.

"Don't worry! You don't have the powers so don't panic!"

She whispered to me in a reassuring tone.

I nodded my head.

He waited in front of the stage as if for the person to own up.

"If Aries doesn't get up here, one of your classmates are in danger! "

He said in a singing tone.

That sent panic down to everyone.

What is this?! How can he threaten the lives of others?

I stood up without thinking. Which allowed him to smirk once more.

Audrey gripped my hand tightly and shook her head, eyes widened.

I bit my lip tightly and gently shook her off. I walked towards the man.

He grinned and took my shoulders. He stared into my eyes and pressed one of his fingers onto my neck.

Soon, a burning feeling came from my neck, yet I couldn't shake off his iron grip.

"Hue... HAHAHAAAAHHA!!"

He let out a manically scary laugh. He let go of me, causing me to lose balance and fall backwards.

He stopped abruptly, and bowed down low to my eye level.

" I found you Aries~"

My eyes widened in shock. Sweat poured from my head to toe.

"HAHAHAHHAHA DIE!!"

Just as he was about to bring his fist down, I brought my arm up instinctively and suddenly a wave of flames engulfed me like a wall of protection.