Chapter 17 Rahul, Rajveer(result and the future)

I never spoke to Rajveer again. I didn't need to see him either as we didn't have to attend the same college.

I never mentioned the incident with Rajveer at home. My parents sometimes mentioned him but I never really gave them a straight answer. I was hurt but I didn't want to waste my time thinking about selfish people. I started to go around some neighbor boys.

The final results were out. I had flunked the final year exams. I couldn't believe it. I was not ready to do the same class again.

The environment in the house was really tense. My dad was fuming with anger. He was shouting at me.

"What the hell did you do the whole year? There are only few subjects and you can't prepare for them in the whole year. If you could concentrate only of studies you would have passed the exams."

"It all happened because of that girl. She was unlucky. She diverted his attention on other things. I think her whole purpose was this. Now, what would we tell our relatives that our son has flunked the exams in the final year? Our relatives were talking about a lot many girls for your marriage. Now, what would I tell them? He failed in the final year. It's going to ruin our reputation." Mom started crying.

"If you could concentrate a bit on your studies but you had to do something else. Your mom is right that is all because of that girl. I am so upset." Dad put more oil in the fire.

"I did what you people told me to do. Now, what you want from me?" I said getting upset.

"Yes we did tell you to go after that girl." Dad said angrily.

"Why are we starting all that again? I don't want to go to college again and I can't study more." I started crying because I knew that was the only way I could get dad off my back. I went in my room. Mom followed me and said, "Why are you crying my baby? You don't worry about anything. Your mom will make everything fine again. Have you told about your result to anybody yet?" mom asked.

"No, not yet." I replied.

"So, nobody needs t know it. We will tell everybody that you passed. Nobody is coming to check your certificates."

I was impressed with mom's plan and I hugged mom and said thanks to her.

"But mummy you'll have to handle dad now." I said to her like a little baby.

"I will don't worry about it." Mom said assuring.

Mom went out and I heard mom and dad were talking I knew it was about me. I stayed inside my room, it was much safer there than being there in front of them.

After few minutes dad came inside my room with mom and said, "You mummy told me about what she thinks we tell people about your result and it's ok with me. But you'll have to start coming to the factory with me every single day from now on."

"Ok dad" I said weakly

I knew if I'll talk to mom will find a way to avoid that too for few more days. After that I went to bed comfortably. Next day I woke up around 9 in the morning and I heard some commotion in the house. I quickly went out of my room and saw some neighbours in our house.

"Congratulations Rahul you passed and you are a graduate now." one of them said eating sweets.

"Thank you uncle." The whole thing really made me feel as I had really passed the exams. Mom was wonderful how she planned the whole thing and executed it.

Later I heard mom calling some people and was talking about my result. Seeing that I swore I wouldn't ever replace my parents for anything or anyone in the world. They did love me and did what was actually good for me. I had no complains about my life.