Waking up.

Dan woke up with a grin on his face. He walked downstairs to find Phil reading a book on the couch.
They both made eye contact and smiled at each other. Dan then looked away, blushing.
"This, this is what I missed." Phil said.
Dan flipped a pancake to perfection and turned around to face Phil. He smiled again, and handed him the pancake on a plate.
"Thanks Dan." Dan nodded and went back to his cooking station.
They both ate in silence, birds chirping outside and the sun coming out from beneath the clouds. "I think we should go on a walk." Phil announced. Dan just shrugged, looking at Phil. "You've been awfully quiet today, I don't think I've heard you speak at all."
"All I want is to spend time with you," Dan finally said. "whatever we do will make me happy as long as we are doing it together."
"That's the cheesiest thing I have ever heard you say, Daniel." Dan laughed.
"Expect more of it. Because this, this is what I missed."

They did end up going on a walk.
They walked for hours, talking nonstop, trying to catch up on all that they had missed in 7 years.
"It has been lovely." Phil said.
"It has."
"We should do it again."
"Yes, we should."
"How about tomorrow?"
"Sounds good to me."
Phil gave Dan a quick peck on the cheek, but Dan grabbed Phil's arm and kissed him properly.

It's funny how things change in only a day. The way two people scream each other one minute and hug each other the next. The human brain is something mystical and magical, it truly is. And so is life. We live not knowing what to expect and not knowing what destiny has in store for us and that is a wonderful thing.

Days passed, and slowly so did the seasons. It soon became summer, followed by autumn and winter. Not a single moment went by that Dan and Phil were not together. They both talked to Cat about everything and she was incredibly happy for the both of them. Louise finally cheered up at the sight of the both of them being together with no problems, and all three of them started hanging out every weekend.
Life was never better. They soon started coming out to everyone, their family, friends, and eventually their viewers.

"Should we make pasta or order a takeaway tonight?"
The year is 2025. It has been a couple years since they had gotten back together and they had no intention of leaving each other's side any time soon.
"Although not the healthiest choice, I do love a good takeaway." Dan said.
"I'm craving sushi." Phil exclaimed, scrolling down the different options on his laptop.
"Sushi's perfect." Dan smiled. "You just choose what you want, I'm getting whatever you are ordering. I'll be right back."
Phil nodded and meanwhile kept scrolling through the menu.
Dan made his way to the bedroom, making sure Phil wasn't looking. He sighed, and opened the second drawer of his bedside cabinet. Inside, was a small silk box. He held it in his hand for a while, gripping it tight. He finally opened it to reveal a small ring.
His plan was to propose to Phil this evening somehow, he didn't care how he just needed to get it done. He carefully slipped it in his pocket and went back downstairs to Phil.
"Did you order then?"
"Yep, all done." Phil smiled and started rummaging in a box.
"What's that?"
"Oh, just my old vinyls. Shame we don't have a record player, really." He looked through each one, blowing the dust away and smiling at the memory.
'This could be it' Dan said to himself, the silk box digging through his pocket. He could almost feel it wanting to get out of there. He decided against it, for he wanted it to be somewhat special and he wasn't sure this was the right time.  He made a step backwards and suddenly tripped over an object lying on the floor.
"Dan! Are you okay?"
Dan nodded slowly, laughing. He unconsciously slipped a hand in his pocket and felt the ring was missing.
"Fuck." He whispered, looking around in the hopes of seeing a glimpse of it.
"What are you looking for?" Phil asked, confused.
"N-nothing."
"Come on then, let's just look through these vinyls to see which ones we should keep." Dan slowly stood up and sat down next to Phil to sort out the vinyls. His heart was racing. What if Phil saw it before he had a chance to find it?
But at that exact moment the doorbell rang and Dan gave a sigh of relief.
"Can you go? I'm going to set up the table." Phil nodded and headed downstairs. As soon as he was out the door, Dan started furiously looking for the ring. He searched all around the room, but it was nowhere to be seen.
He heard footsteps coming upstairs so he quickly ran to get some plates.

"The guy gave us a discount for the amount of times we ordered, this should be a wake up call." Phil laughed, while getting the sushi out of the bag.
Dan smiled and worriedly kept looking around the room.
"What's the problem Dan? Are you hiding something from me?" Phil was getting worried as well, and chewed his lip nervously trying to read Dan's facial expression.
"Don't think this is something bad, I promise you I will tell you everything in due time." Phil wasn't fully convinced but nodded anyway, not wanting to turn a lovely evening into an argument.
They both sat down on the table and start eating their food. Somehow the topic of the conversation goes to anime, and they start discussing their favorites together. Once dinner was over, they bring the dishes to the kitchen to wash them. It was Dan's turn to sort them out today so he starts carefully scrubbing each plate clean and placing it to the side when he is done with each one.
"Dan?" Phil calls out from the living room.
"Yes?"
"What's this?" Phil comes to the kitchen and in his hand he is holding the small silk box. Before Dan could
stop him, he opens it, and gasps when he sees the beautiful silver ring.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Guys I'm so sorry this took bloody ages! I finished school and exams now, so I had no excuse to finish this chapter up :)
Current updates on my life include my trip to Japan coming up in mid July, a few days in Cambridge at the end of July, and me moving to London the first of August. If any of you happen to be at summer in the city, please do come and say hi! My Twitter is @redmayneismygod, so you can hook me up whenever lads ok bye