Chapter 42-Bitter

*Harry's POV*

She's being an insensitive idiot. She doesn't realize that he hasn't changed one bit. She's asking for it. And when she gets hurt..............I don't know what I'm gonna do. Should I feel sorry and be concerned even though it was her fault for trusting that asshole in the first place? Or should I just not feel any guilt because she landed herself in that bad situation?

As the tension and awkwardness grows in the room, I awkwardly just push past my friends and their girlfriends to arrive in the kitchen where my son is patiently waiting to blow out his birthday candles. I walk over to our stainless steel fridge and pull out my son's Winnie The Pooh birthday cake. I doubt he even really knows Winnie The Pooh but it was really the only childish cake idea that I could think of. I didn't want the cake to be plain and I couldn't think of any other ideas for cake themes. I could've done Mickey Mouse or Elmo but I thought that Winnie The Pooh felt right for a one year old. If Liz wants to be a bitch and go sleep with the enemy, fine. But that's not gonna stop me from celebrating my son's birthday without her. She's missing out.......

In my opinion it's a pretty nice cake. I wish I had one as awesome as this when I was his age. Granted, I don't even remember if I even had a cake or if I did what kind of design I had on it but still. It's a pretty fucking awesome cake.

As I'm carefully maneuvering around the kitchen to deliver the cake to the dining room table, the boys slowly begin to file into the kitchen.

"Well hello. I figured you guys went to go look for Liz. That's fine if you do. I'll just stay here and enjoy spending time with my son. I mean it's not the first time I've been alone and it certainly won't be the last," I mumble, still proceeding over to the table.

I begin to set the cake down when Dylan suddenly springs up from his chair, anxiously trying to snatch some of the cake out of my hand.

"NO!" I sternly yell at Dylan, causing him to sink back into his chair in fright, "stay in your seat."

The boys shoot me confused looks probably wondering what's gotten into me. The fact that Liz is out with Nathan unsupervised is just pissing me off and scaring me. I don't know what kind of tricks he plans to pull but I still don't trust him no matter what Liz says. I've never trusted him before so what should make me start to trust him now? Nothing, exactly. So I'm not trusting him. I just don't like him. Every time I'm around him I always feel this creepy vibe almost like it's saying 'look out! Avoid him at all costs'. Or maybe that's just me being extremely paranoid.........

*Liz's POV*

As Nathan's driving through a snowy forest, he suddenly stops unexpectedly causing me to become frightened thinking that something's wrong. I enjoy being with Nathan. I trust him. I feel safe around him and I truly believe that he really has changed. He's not trying to be nice and then suddenly seduce me or anything like that. He just wants to be my friend. And that's all I really need right now is a friend.

"Everything OK?" I ask while looking out the window to see snow falling through the trees. 

There must be at least a half a foot of snow on the ground or something..........

"Yeah. I just thought that Harry maybe overreacted a bit back there. That's all," he answers, shrugging as though it's not really a big deal to him.

"He's just really protective of me. He's kind of like my dad even though he's my husband. Although when you're married you should both treat each other equally instead of like my situation with Harry when one person is suddenly higher up and in charge of the other person. Harry just thinks he's in charge of me all the time and I can't blame him. He loves me and let's face it.........I can be pretty stupid sometimes."