1

Mallory's POV

Come on, you can do this, I repeat in my head as I approach the tall building. It's just an audition. You can always find another place...

As I get closer, I realize the building isn't that tall. It's wide with a lot of windows, and it has multiple doors around the perimeter.

'Entrance 2B,' the paper in my hand reads.

I look up to find myself exactly where I need to be. I stride to the entrance, trying to look as confident as possible.

I reach the door at the same time as another girl and guy. The girl has short hair and the guy is protectively holding onto her arm. They both look about the same age as me and as nervous as I feel. The girl keeps twisting a ring on her finger and the guy seems as if he's about to throw up.

"Hi," I say shyly. They both offer a small smile. We all stand there awkwardly staring at each other. "Oh, let me get that," the guy says, pulling his arm away from the girl to open the door for us.

"Thank you, Stephen," the girl says. She brushes past me to get inside.

"Yeah, thank you...Stephen." I give him an awkward glance and hurry inside.

Wow, great way to start the day, Mallory. I give myself a mental slap.

I would dwell more on the fact that I just embarrassed myself in front of two complete strangers, but my audition is at 4:30. I have about 5 minutes to get there, and I have absolutely no idea where I am going.

I walk up to the man standing at the front desk. "Excuse me?" I say. He looks up. "Do you know where room..." I look at the flyer I found in my office. "...263 is?"

The Front Desk Guy smirks. "Are you here to audition for Studio C?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. Right this way." He grabs a key and leads me down a hallway to his right.

We pass multiple doors that look exactly the same as the one before it. I stay silent so the guy can check the numbers on the door in peace.

"261...262...263! Here we are."

He puts the key in the lock, but before turning it, he gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Good luck," he says as he turns the key. "You're going to need it."

"What does that mea-"

My sentence dies off as Front Desk Guy opens the door.

It's a huge room, but it feels small with the big group filling up the vast area. There are multiple chairs stealing the space in front of the stage. By the looks of it, there's about 100 people here. Everyone is milling around, water bottles in hand, conversing with each other. There's a woman in the corner holding a trash can to her face. Poor girl.

"Hi," a deep voice says, snapping me out of my trance. I quickly look up to find a tall, dark haired guy standing over me with a water bottle in his left hand.

"Do I know you?"

"Probably not. I'm Jared Shores," he says, sticking out his right hand. The name "Jared" rings a bell, but I'm not quite sure who he is.

"You're some important person, right?" I ask.

"Well, yeah," Jared says. "I'm kind of one of the creators, but whatever." He smiles and carelessly runs his hand through his hair.

"Oh, wow. Uh, hi. Sorry for not knowing that." I suddenly become aware that my hair is an absolute mess. Why didn't I straighten it?!

Oh, yeah. I'm "supposed to show them how I usually look."

"It's fine," Jared laughs. He looks at my empty hand. "Here," he says, handing me the unopened water bottle that he's been holding.

"Thanks," I say, nervously taking a swig in front of him.

"No problem," Jared says, laughing again. "So, where are you fr-"

Jared suddenly gets cut off by someone tapping a mic. I look at the stage, and it's Front Desk Guy!

"Hey, everyone. I just wanted to let y'all know that we are starting in 2 minutes! Go ahead and get settled in these chairs," he says, gesturing to the front of the room.

Jared smiles apologetically at me. "That's my cue. Better get going." He waves at me as he walks off.

What a nice guy, I think to myself as I throw away my almost full drink and walk over to the chairs. I select one that's perfectly in the middle of the cluster.

I sit down and marvel at my surroundings. There's a group of leaders standing by the stage, a couple people retrieving some seats, and-

My thought gets interrupted by a short haired brunette girl ploping down in the seat to the right of me. She looks nice enough, but she's constantly twisting a ring on her finger...

Oh my gosh! It's the girl that I met at the door!

She seems to recognize me too, because she grimaces as she sees my face.

This is going to be a long day.

•••

Hey everyone! I'm Abbi, the writer of this fanfiction. Sorry if this chapter seemed kind of rushed; I just wanted to get the first part out there! There is plenty more to come in chapter 2.
So, I have a question: I've been thinking about making Mallory have a boyfriend. Not because I don't want Mattory (bc duh, of course I do), but I think it'll add to the drama/plot.
What do y'all think? I'm kind of leaning towards the boyfriend, but please comment about what you would prefer.
Thank you, and please vote for my story! :)