《Chapter 5》

____________________
________________
Sounds of dangling chains and thumping grew louder.

________________
___________________

"Where are we headed?"

"No more questions, just trust us." The crazy man jumped up and down, excited to start the journey. He looked like a child that was just told he can get ice cream. Eyes wide, smile big. It worried me. There was chaos happening, and he was happy?

Alice and the Mad Hatter took us farther into the woods. I could barely keep up, my diet back home was potato chips and burgers.

I smiled as I saw a wooden structure in the distance. The Mad Hatter stopped dead in his tracks. Crunching noises came from around us, and I happened to see a little fuzzy tail.

"Rabbit? Is that you?" I could see the sweat forming on her forehead, a panicked look flashed in her eyes.

"Shhhh!" The Rabbit jumped up, making us stay silent. "Lay down and look at the thing in the distance." We all stared as it started to moved.

"Oh no." Alice whispered. Hooves slammed the ground in the distance, and the structure came towards us. "We have to go, now." I've never ran any faster than now, because the horses didn't seem to slow down.

We all held hands as the rabbit guided us through the tall trees and blades of grass. When he thought we were safe, everyone relaxed.

"What the hell was that?" I raised my voice.

"Shhhh! We will be spotted if you keep prattling on, now listen. You have something very valuable, and the Red Queen will intend to get it.

"I don't have anything but clothes, a riddle and a genie lamp." I replied.

"That's not all you have." I turned around to an unfamiliar voice and encountered a small woman, with lots of anger. The curves of her crimson dress seemed to pop out, and she stood with her head held high. "Give me the boy." She chuckled, sending a chill coursing down my spine.

"No. You're not taking him." I turned to see Alice standing her ground. The other woman laughed again, this one sounding irritated.

"Well Alice, I'm afraid you have no choice." Sounds of dangling chains and thumping grew louder, and I could feel the sweat tricking down my forehead.

The Rabbit panicked, and I could see he wanted to stay aloof. The wheels started turning in his head, and he murmured something to Alice. Out of nowhere he took off as fast as he could, moving like lightning.

"Get that damn rabbit!" Several guards sped after him, but there was no way they would catch up.

A hoard of guards gathered around Alice and The Mad Hatter, making them unless to help me. The most unsettling look of 'sorry' was pasted on Alice's face.

"Let's have a chat, shall we?"

a/n: sorry for the short chapter, more to come soon!