1. Ephemeral

Title: Ephemeral

Author: AnuDas

Genre: Poetry

Reads: 5.91k
Votes: 1.37k
Comments: 771

Total Parts: 200

Parts Read: 30

Summary in brief: "And the day at which hour mine poems touch thy heart, thy soul. That's at which hour I'll bethink of this booketh to beest whole."

Cover pic:

Characters review: not applicable

T

he review:

At First Glance: I was really skeptical about reviewing poetry at first, because let's be real, everyone interprets a poem in their own ways and also I'm not a great poet myself. Then I was like, oh well let's do this and I don't regret it at all. I'm actually really happy to be reviewing this book first!
This book is really enticing from the very first part, where she explains beautifully what her title means and that, in fact, everything is ephemeral or temporary. To be honest, I quite believe in that too.
The way that she writes is so different but yet so similar that we can't really pinpoint where the difference lies. Some of her readers even call her poetry 'soulful' and I couldn't agree more.

Things I liked: Her writing is bold and expressive, just the way a poet's should be. Even though we all might see her poems in different ways, the underlying meaning is clear. Her words will capture your attention, such is her vocabulary, really impressive! Some of the poems I really liked out of the ones I read are, 'I don't know' , 'fake lies' , 'dreamless eternity', 'hunter' and 'sinful deed'. Also, watch out for the endings of her poems!

Things I didn't like: There's nothing I "didn't like" as such, but sometimes I found some of the poems to be quite random, like the lines didn't really add up. Also, though her perspective is appealing, sometimes some of the poems came off as too strong. But again like I keep saying everyone has their own way at looking at poems and this is just my opinion!

Recommendations: I would suggest you to read over everything once as I noticed some really small typos.

Stars: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

-
-
-

~These reviews are just my opinions, your book is awesome just the way you like it. What really matters in the end is your opinion!~