Chpater 3- Dark

Chapter 3- Dark

The leaves crunched as I walked through the dirt path in the woods. My music blaring as I sung along to the lyrics. A twig snapped in a distance which caused me to stop and pause my music. I looked around. everything seemed to be just the way it was a few seconds ago. I relaxed my shoulders as I started walking again. I made it to the clearing. Also known as the cemetery. I found a dry spot to sit before I pulled out my notebook and pencil. Today was foggy and I planed on drawing the cemetery into my notebook. It was the perfect seance.

I studied a part of the cemetery then began drawing it. I got into it half way through the drawing, really placing details. I hardly noticed the twig snapping but this time it was closer. My head shot up as I looked around me. Slowly but quickly I picked up my things, shoving them back into my bag.

On the other side of the cemetery there was a dark silhouette of a person. I swallowed hard and picked up my pace through the entrance of the woods that would lead me back home. My heart beat seemed so uneven as it thudded in my chest. twigs started snapping from behind me.

I started running. But with my luck I fell and scrapped my arm on a layed down log. I looked behind me but nobody was there.

"Hello?" A voice called out.

I stayed quiet.

"Julia?" The voice called out again.

I stayed quiet but a familiar figure stopped right infront of me. I looked up to see Austin standing over me.

"Julia, I've been calling your name for the past fifteen minutes. Your so stupid that you didn't hear that a strange attacks have been happening in these woods?" Austin pulled me up to my feet.

A look of concern but strength was in his eyes.

"Sorry I didn't know." I mumbled before pushing past him down the path.

"Julia, your bleeding." Austin said as his footsteps followed behind me.

I looked down and sure enough there was a gash in my forearm. How did he know I was bleeding before I did?

"Is it okay if I walk you home?" Austin asked braking the silents that rested between us.

"I don't care. I don't mean to be rude but you don't seem to like me and when I try to avoid you, your all nice. It's driving me crazy." I said turning to face him.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"See that's it right there. I wanna know what's going on and I wanna know now." I stopped and crossed my arms over my chest.

"There's nothing going on." I noticted him working his jaw.

"I don't believe that. I want the truth." I was sick of the games.

He huffed. I shook my head and turned to start walking again. I heard the leafs crunch as another pair of feet followed me.

"Julia, I... I just don't know how to explain it to you." Austin said from next to me.

"Then try." I said, turning my head sharply to look at him.

"I.... can't." I shook my head and picked up pace.

My house came into veiw. I ran up to the front door and shut it behind me. I couldn't stand another mintue of standing next to him, not while he was acting that way though.

It was so werid. How he knew about the gash on my arm before I even did. And the fact that his hands were so cold. I knitted my eyebrows together in thought.

"Who was that boy you were running away from?" My brother's deep voice boomed from the living room next to the doorway.

"He's nobody." I said before running up the stairs to my room.

My journal. Where is it? I must have dropped it when I fell. I have to go get it, it has all my drawings in it. I headed back down stairs. Nick must have gone into his room because his music was playing extreamly loud. It was already starting to get dark out side which ment I have to hurry. After seeing what I did in the cemetery today that might be a good idea. I took a deep breath as I came to the edge of the forest. I started on the same path that I came out of the forest on.

Something smelled weird, metalic smell that made my stomach sick. I tried my best to keep my mind off the smell but that didn't help at all. I finally got to the log I had fallen over earlier and searched around it for my journal. But it wasn't even here.

A cold chill ran up my spine. I then felt like I was being watched again. The smell had gotten stronger. I slowly turned around. A figure of a person was only a few feet away. I flet my heart jump into my throat. The figure started moving towards me. I started to walk backwards, scared to turn around. Sadly to end up falling over the log a second time. I pushed abck as the figure got closer.

"Looking for something?" A male voice asked, coming from the figure.

I could feel my body shaking.