4: angry Charlie

Riley was sipping her coffee and the breakfast table when Charlie joined her. He had a straight look on his face and looked her right in the eyes. "Where were you yesterday?" He asked. Riley putted down her mug filled with hot coffee. "I tried calling you several times when I came home. You didn't answer and you came home at two in the morning!" Charlie yelled. Riley flinched leaning back from him. "I...I'm sorry" Riley stuttered. "Where were you?" He growled. "At the hospital" riley said. Charlie frowned. "The hospital?" He asked confused. Riley nodded. "Yeah...Lucas got in an accident and I'm still his emergency call" Riley explained looking down. "You wen too Lucas? The guy who broke your heart? The guy who cheated on you?" Charlie started yelling again. "The guy that is still my friend!" Riley shot back immediately regretting it. Charlie pulled her wrist close. "Who was told you the truth when he cheated?" He growled close to her face. "You" she peeped out. "Who comforted you when you were heartbroken?" He hissed. "You" she repeated. "I love you Riley. I don't want you to get hurt again" he said. "He won't" she peeped. "We're just friends" Riley said. "You don't GET IT!" He yelled slamming his fists on the table making Riley jump. Charlie scratched the back of his neck out of frustration and walked up and down the room. After a long silence he pointed towards Riley. "I don't want you to see him again" Charlie said. Riley gasped. "You can't do that! I invited him to the wedding Charlie I want him to be there!" Riley stepped up. "And I don't. That boy is still madly in love with you don't you see that?"  Charlie yelled. Riley was shocked. Was Charlie right? Did Lucas still love her? "Let him know he's uninvited. I want to get married as soon as possible" Charlie said before walking out the room.

"Even sooner?!" Maya questioned when Riley gave her the new date. "Yeah, April 25th it is" Riley said. "B...but that's so soon! I mean you're only engaged for three months! Riley what's going on?" Maya asked. "N...nothing" Riley lied. "Riley?!" Maya asked. "Ok....charlie doesn't want me to see Lucas again" Riley admitted. "He can't do that!" Maya bursted out. Riley sat down on Maya's couch. "Yes he can, he's just worried about me." Riley said. "How are you defending him Riley?" Maya asked. "Because I'm marrying him Maya!" Maya crossed her arms. "Don't think it's right for him to let him tell you who you can see or not" Maya said. "Well he knows what's best for me" Maya shot back. "What if he says that you can't see me anymore?" Maya asked. "He won't. We're Riley and Maya. We've always bin Riley and Maya and he knows that" Riley stood up. "I've got to go plan the wedding. Are we still on for wedding dress shopping Saturday?" Riley asked before opening Maya's door. "Yeah fine" Maya said. Riley smiled before heading out.

Lucas was running threw some sport magazines when a knock was heard on his hospital door. He looked at saw Farkle and Maya. He smiled. "Hey guys" he threw the magazine away. "Hey huckleberry" Maya said. "We brought pizza!" Farkle said. "Oh thank god. This hospital food is disgusting" Lucas said sitting up and Farkle giving him the pizza. "Didn't Riley come along?" Lucas asked. Maya and Farkle shook their heads. "No" Farkle said looking at Maya. "She um... She said she ain't be seeing you for a while" Farkle said. "Actually Charlie said that" Maya said. Farkle glared at Maya. "What? He has the right to know" Maya said gesturing to Lucas. "What?" Lucas asked confused. "Riley told Charlie that she visited you, he freaked out. Uninvited you to the wedding and forbid Riley to see you" Maya blurted out. "He can't do that" Lucas said. "That's what I said!" Maya said looking at Farkle. "Hey don't give me that look! It's not like I agree with Charlie. He's being to harsh on Riley lately." Farkle said. Lucas nodded. "I hate that guy. But I mostly hate myself. If I never cheated on Riley I might me the one who was marrying her in a couple of months" Lucas said annoyed. "App think you'd already be married, you would be living in a big penthouse because you're a vet and she's a doctor and you'd have a daughter named Meilani Maya Friar because face it: I'm awesome" Maya rambled like no one was even there. Farkle and Lucas raised their eyebrows. "What?" Maya asked. "I'm a major Rucas shipper" she stated. Lucas was confused. "Rucas?" He asked. Maya nodded. "Your ship name: Riley and Lucas" Maya said smiling. "Ok, that's not freaky at all" Farkle said sarcastic getting a hit on his shoulder by Maya. "My point is" Maya started. "Charlie isn't right for Riley. You've got to win her back once you're back on track" Maya said to Lucas. "That's impossible. She's blinded by Charlie" Farkle said. "Did I ask you something?" Maya asked Farkle. Lucas chuckled. "Wow, you Guys act like a married couple" Lucas said chuckling. "Dorm give her ideas" Farkle whispered. Maya rolled her eyes. "Can we discus this first?" Maya asked gesturing to Lucas. "So, after you're out of here we make a plan got it?" Lucas and Farkle nodded.

That night Riley was sitting on her couch plank the wedding even more intense now. She heard keys in the lock of her door and seconds later Charlie walked in. "Hey honey" Riley said. Charlie gave her a nod. "Are you still mad?" She asked. Charlie ignored her and walked towards the kitchen. "Hey, why are you ignoring me? I moved the wedding!" Riley said following him. "Did you speak to him?" Charlie asked taking out a beer. Riley shook her head. "No, I asked Maya to tell him" she said crossing her arms. "Good" he mumbled before dumping the beer in his throat. There was a long silence between them. "Look Charlie, Maya invited me to her birthday party in two weeks" Riley said. "How old is she? Six?" He grumbled. "Come on Charlie. It's an all girls party and she only turns 25 once!" Riley said. Charlie rolled his eyes. "I want you home by twelve" he said before walking back to the living room. Riley nodded. "Ok" she peeped before following him.