1 - no going back now

I sit cross legged on my bed inside my tiny New York apartment, staring absentmindedly at my closet

I sit cross legged on my bed inside my tiny New York apartment, staring absentmindedly at my closet. In two hours the boy who I just met three days ago is going to pick me up to go to the airport. A random stranger, someone I know nothing about. And he has my phone number and address.

Sighing, I stand up and walk over to the closet then open its doors. My room is simple and neat. I never took the time to really make it mine. The brick walls are painted over in white, and the furniture is all black. The only thing really that lets you know this room belongs to someone is my camera sitting on the desk beside my laptop, and the clothes in my closet. Which consist of mostly black things, band tee shirts, and flannels.

Speaking of band tee shirts, if I see you wearing a shirt for band you don't even listen to I will snap your neck. Especially if it's a band I like.

After I look over the contents of my closet, I take out everything I think I'll need and pack it into a bag. We're going everywhere he said, so I can't pack for just one climate. I'll probably be buying more things while I'm gone anyway.

It's strange to think that I'm packing to go somewhere, somewhere I don't even know I'm going because he won't tell me, to die. It's a calming feeling to think about it.

After about an hour I hear a knock. I run over to unlock the door and open it, already knowing who it is. The deadlock is a bit jammed, but with a heaving pull I get it open. Really need that fixed. "Hey." I shift my weight onto my left hip after swinging open the door.

"Asia! Hi!" My bouncy ex lab partner walks in with a wheely suitcase in tow.

Because I don't know how long I'll be gone or if I'll ever be back, I decided to get someone to stay here while I'm gone. At least I won't be paying rent the whole time now. "How's it going, Raisin?"

No, her name isn't Raisin. It's a nickname. I won't go into the details about how it was oh so funny at the time, so basically, she choked on a raisin and earned the name.

"Great! Wow, your apartment is beautiful!" She looks over the room with an awestruck expression.

"Thanks."

"How long can I stay here? Oh it's so much nicer than my dorm." She continues to look around the room with a huge smile on her face.

"I don't know yet. Maybe forever." Oh goodness. When I die she's gonna make the place girly, isn't she?

"Asia you're so funny!" She giggles. "I wish!"

"Yeah..." I laugh halfheartedly. Funny... Right.

Raisin's blonde curls bounce up and down as she does the same, while somehow simultaneously moving around my kitchen and living room without falling over. Impressive, really. Oh, and she's also still dragging that suitcase.

"So basically, don't mess up my place and my room is off limits. You can have the one to the right of the bathroom." I say.

"No problem! This is great." She keeps bouncing.

"Glad you think so."

"So, when are you going on your trip?" She plops down on the couch and smiles up at me.

"Uhm, he should be here in..." I check my phone. "A little over a half an hour."

"Your boyfriend?"

Deciding not to explain the whole seemingly crazy thing, I just nod. Okay not even seemingly. I'm insane. "And I'm gonna finish packing and getting stuff ready. Give me a shout if you have any questions before I go."

"Sure, I'll start unpacking my stuff I guess. Can I paint my room?"

I grimace. "Maybe. Text me colour choices when you decide on some and I'll think about it. ONLY your room though."

"Great!" She squeals.

"Mmm..." I watch her stand up and take her things into her new bedroom. I'm assuming she has more out in her car, but don't stick around to see if I'm correct. Back in my room, I put my camera into the padded spot of my camera bag/backpack along with my money, ID, phone charger, and all that important stuff I might need. There's plenty of room left over for anything I acquire while we're gone.

Feeling impatient, I lay on my bed with my head hanging off the edge and my legs in the air against the wall. I smile and wiggle my toes through my thin black and white polka dot socks while waiting for Jace.

* * * * * * * *

"Someone's at the door!" Raisin yells.

I pull my earbuds out and stuff them into the pocket of my bag, then shove my phone into my jeans pocket. I practically fly off of my bed and out to the door. Jace is standing there while Raisin holds open the door.

"So you're Asia's boyfriend! Wow..." She grins.

He gives me a confused look, and I nod vigorously at him hoping he gets the message. "Sure..." He says awkwardly. "Me and Asia are. You know. Just great together..."

"Oh and he's shy!" She squeaks, even though he's RIGHT THERE to hear it.

Instantly regretting letting her think that Jace and I are dating, I pull on my combat boots and put my high top converse into my suitcase. Just in case I need them. "Is what I'm wearing okay for when we get there?" I ask, hoping he doesn't mention in front of Raisin the fact that I don't know where we're going.

His eyes travel up and down my body, then he smiles. "Yep. The flannel and boots should help if you get cold."

"Will um, will I need anything warmer?" I study the face of the boy I only ever saw in the dimly lit bar.

"No, same temperature as here basically at this time of year." He smirks, obviously pleased with the fact that I'm dying to know where we're going to go first.

"True." I nod without smiling. "Okay Raisin, take care of my place!" Jace grabs my suitcase before I can, so I just follow him with my backpack on my back out the door.

"Raisin?" He mutters.

Once the door is closed behind us he smirks at me and says, "boyfriend huh? That's what you're telling people?"

"I never said that." I say seriously. "She made it up and I didn't tell her she was wrong."

"Sure." He begins to whistle and walks down the long hallway to the elevator.

"I'm not kidding!"

"Okay Asia. Hurry up, we have a plane to catch."

"A plane to where?" I run to catch up with him.

* * * * * *

Woooo! Oh my gosh, I'm loving this story already. I hope I can write it alright. How did you all like the chapter?

Banner by graphicqueen-