Identity

We would much rather have it to be  thought of as "old friends" than have to fudge around the issue as to  identity. Would you come to know us any better? Who we may claim to be  at this stage is relevant, but if a stranger were to come and take the  same name as representing us it could be dangerous for you to trust  solely in name only.

And so we ask that you be patient for  the time being, concentrate on each and every lesson given, and we shall  try to perfect the medium in which we work. It is important to be  guarded at all times for incoherent messages – prophecy is not in our  field, advice can be dangerous. There is definite intent and lessons to  be recorded however; but never cease to discuss and question, for our  sakes as well as yours. Misguided information is bound to come through;  we shall try our best to establish a clear contact that will become  distinguishable in time.

You may find that [typing] speed helps.  Do not be discouraged. We cannot offer anything in way of gain for you,  we believe you to be sincere and that this understanding was from the  first. Pure teaching when given can be muddied  at the outset; you cannot buy the world's wisdom, nor can you offer  payment for the propagation of the task. But if recorded properly, there  are those who are waiting to receive these lessons when put to print-  and one can never underestimate the possibilities. We do not ask that you be tied to us in any way whatsoever.

If a community arises from this activity  it must be strong enough to perpetuate itself. We can assist. If we  sold tickets tomorrow it would be a non-event without the work and  participation required by those who seriously seek betterment. Laws do  not prohibit intervention, but they do discount its usefulness in most  instances. For example, intervention is only a temporary application: a  river can be directed in course upwards flowing into the sky, but it  will come down eventually.

The obstinacy of Man's constitution is a  blessed safeguard for his future freedom. And when all is accounted for  at the end of the day, Man himself will understand in blessing his  Father's reasons.