Μγ ςυηςhιηε

Nico's p.o.v.
(Please be warned about triggers)

I sighed, looking hopefully at the Apollo table, that maybe, under some weird circumstance, Will would be back. This was the routine for the last two months. Will Solace, my boyfriend, went off on a quest... and hasn't yet returned. I sighed heavily, standing up, and walking to my cabin. Will didn't respond to any Iris messages, or any form of communication.

I walked over to my bunk, and sat down, hugging my knees. Tomorrow it will be three months... They will burn a shroud for him and the others tomorrow. Just thinking of that sent a shiver across my body. I dearly looked at my knife, sitting on the bed.

Picking it up, I looked at my reflection. Oh gods... Am I really that gross? I sighed, and carved another sun into my wall. There is one for every day Will is gone.

Looking at the knifes blade, I pushed up my hoodie sleeves. The cuts from the other day are just about healed now. I look for an empty spot. Taking off my hoodie, I go to my upper arm. I make one slice, welcoming the pain. 'You Are My Sunshine' started to fill my head. Will would sing it to me before bed, or when I was not doing great. It's kinda our thing. Holding the knife steady, he pressed down, carving words instead of lines.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My Solace away

Watching the blood trickle down my arm, I got a rag, and started to sing.

"You are my sunshine... My only sunshine... You make me happy,when skies are grey... you'll never know, dear, how much I love you... Please don't take my Solace away..." I sigh.

Two months later

I ended up getting 'You Are My Sunshine' tattooed on my upper arm, where I carved it. Also a bright gold Sun on my back, with the words, 'My only sunshine' written in a circle around it. The words, of course, are in black, but the sun shines bright.

I haven't cut myself in weeks, having no more room, and starting to not get the rush and release from before. My arms are healing, slowly... Will would be proud.

One month later

I convinced myself that Will was dead. I accepted the fact. Well that's a lie. I miss him so damn much. I have been very, very, reclusive. I only go out to the Campfire, to listen to the Apollo kids sing, and hopefully hear Will 's beautiful voice. Waiting by the back of the Ampithetee, I start to trace over my scars, humming out song.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know, Will, how much I love you. So please don't take my sunshine away."

I smiled, for the first time in a long time, feeling complete relaxation. I stared at the fire, feeling it's warmth from what seemed like a mile away.

"The other night, Will, as I lay sleeping, I dreamt I held you in my arms. But when I awoke, Will, I was mistaken. And I held my head and I cried."

Nico didn't hear the footsteps approaching from behind him. I just stood there, watching the fire blazing.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

I heard the voice... the one I have been longing to hear for six months. I turn around, and Will is standing there, smiling awkwardly. He is all bandaged up, but he still is smiling.

"Oh my gods Will..." I cried. I ran into Sunshines arms and he embraced me just as tight. He just hugged me, smiling softly. "Where have you be-" I'm cut off my his perfect lips being placed on mine.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When the skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My Sunshine
Away

Please don't take
My Sunshine
Away.