Hello, Mum

Lily had always seen her mother as the most beautiful lady in the world. Even asleep, she reminded Lily of a goddess. Lily's mother had been amazing. Beautiful both outside and inside, she had been kind and loving, yet wild and adventurous at the same time. Lily only had hazy memories of her, but each one was filled with love and excitement. Except for the clearest one. The day she had woken up in the hospital and been told about the car crash that had knocked them both unconscious. Rebecca had never woken up again.
Lily talked to her mother, telling her about Gold and the shop. Even if Rebecca was in a coma, Lily found comfort in talking to her, as if her mum would wake up and everything would be alright. She never did.

"Well, Mum, time for me to go. You get your rest" Lily joked half-heartedly.

"Seriously though, mum, could you please come back? I need you." She whispered, taking her mum's hand and kissing her forehead.

(Flashback)
Lily was a little girl, no more than 6 or 7. She and her mother were outside a tent, an indian wigwam, and they were dressed in dresses made of roughly cut animal skin.
Lily was playing with a doll made of straw and wrapped in a dress made of a scrap of cloth decorated with a feather. Her mum was stirring a pot and singing a song. As Lily watched, one of the tribesmen walked towards their tent, calling their names.
"Pocahontas, Lily!" He called cheerfully.

Lily dropped her mothers hand with a gasp and, looking once at her mother, exited the room breathing heavily.
In her slumber, Pocahontas's face twitched into a small smile.

TALK TO ME!
Do you like it? Hate it? I need to know!