Chapter Five

You feel yourself waking up but refuse to open your eyes. You feel a warm breath glaze over your face, causing you to open your eyes despite the determination to fall asleep again. You slowly raise your eyelids, and see a skeleton face right in front of you. You were pretty tangled up in each other. Your hand sat lazily through his torso, resting on his spine. You really didn't know what to think of this.

"Uh... Kid?" A low voice mutters, you can feel his breath on your ear, making you shiver a little. You shoot your head up and your neck makes a nice clicking sound. Your eyes meet with Sans, his cheeks are a bright blue. "Don't do that, kid!" He tries to edge away from you but there was no room for either of you to move away.

"Don't do what?" You raise an eyebrow, being genuinely confused.

"You're neck clicked and ugh. Just let me up!" He struggles to stand up, but when he does he runs up to his room, not even making eye contact with you. Guilt begins to flood your body, even though you had no idea what you had done to make him do something like that. You lay down for a good fifteen minutes trying to figure out what you did, but you eventually give up and look out of the window. The flower still stood proudly, facing the window, though you thought it faced you at first.

You decided to make some lunch, assuming it was around lunch time. You sit up and see Sans walking down the stairs.
"Is everything okay, Sans?" You ask, standing up and stretching. Your bones make a few cracking sound, which makes your body relax. Sans was stood hitting his head repeatedly against the wall, you rush over to him and touch his shoulder. "Sans what's wrong?" You ask softly, you were extremely concerned that you had angered him.

"Please just... Stop with the cracking and clicking." He groans, continuing to hit his head on the wall.

"Why? Does it scare you or something?" You attempt to pull him away for the wall, he stands facing you, his face was extremely blue and you could swear one of his eyes were slightly glowing blue. You rub his back, hoping it would give him some comfort. "I'm sorry. I'll try to stop it, okay?" Sans let's a soft smile creep up onto his face, "How about I make you lunch?" You step away from him, your balance was a lot more steady now. Sans nods in reply and walks with you to the kitchen. Sans sits on the table while you start scavenging through the fridge for what may be edible. There was so much spaghetti building up in the fridge and it looked so old as if it were rotting. You turn your nose away from the fridge, avoiding the smell and grab some microwaveable hot dogs. "Are these okay?" You call out before shutting the fridge and finding that you had left your notebook on the table. Unlocked. Sans was reading it. You rush over and grab the book from him. You couldn't say anything, all you could do was wrap your arms around the book and hold it pressed up against your skin. "How much did you read?" You mumble, refusing any kind of eye contact while blushing furiously.

"An attractive Skeleton, huh?" He chuckled, which was only received by a groan. Yes, your imagination took off while you were asking Sans questions for your notebook and you mostly filled it with cute notes, it was like a primary school crush. Whether you liked it or not, I mean you obviously do but anyways, you had a huge crush on Sans and there was not a whole lot you could really do about it. You place the book on the counter next to you so he couldn't read anymore, allowing you to continue preparing the hotdogs. You place two hotdogs in buns on a small plate and shove them in the microwave and starting it. When you turned around, you found that Sans curiously must have gotten to the best of him as he stood deeply reading your book once more.

"Sans!" You yell, "Stop reading it!" You began to rush towards him to retrieve your book, but he had completely vanished. You almost got whip lash as you searched for him, to find that he was sat on top of the fridge, literally. He sat swinging his legs, chuckling at the book. Reading it out loud, all of the compliments, all of the emotions you felt for him. He was interrupted by a knock at the door. Who on earth would that be? You walk over to answer it but Sans swiftly overtakes you, tossing your book back and giving you a wink. You felt your cheeks burn up as you caught the book, relocking it to make sure this would never happen again. You take a deep breath and sigh, holding your precious book to your chest and walking to greet whoever was at the door.

"Hey kid come meet my brother!" Sans calls out to you, ushering you yo the door. You walk over confidently to greet Papyrus, he was significantly taller than Sans, just like in the photo. He wore a red scarf, and what seemed like armour. You reach out and shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)!" He smiles brightly, shaking your hand with a decent grip.
Something was extremely off about him, though, but it filled you with determination. You look at the two brothers and see all of the similarities between the two. Though, there was one significant difference, that almost made you feel as if you were being made for a fool. There was only one Skeleton in the room and two humans. Sans the Skeleton. Papyrus the Human.
This might mean that all hope is not lost, you can find out how to prevent becoming a skeleton.

The thought of being human fills you with D E T E R M I N A T I O N!