Chapter Twenty-Five {FINAL CHAPTER}

You found yourself falling into a deep sleep as you sat against the wall of the bathroom, all four of the Dreemurrs surrounded you as your eyes slowly opened once again in a different, you took in your surroundings and found yourself lying in a comfortable bed which you assumed was the guest bedroom of the Dreemurr house. You scanned each one of their relieved faces and found that Sans was not amongst them. You reached up, but only winced in a sudden wave of pain from reviving Chara, but nobody wanted to talk about it. Toriel held Chara prisoner in her arms, refusing to let them go. Asriel and Chara laughed and spoke about their time apart from each other, there was a quiet knock on the door, you hoped it was Sans, and the chatter came to a sudden halt as the door slowly opened to reveal another child, similar to Chara.

"I'm hom-" They stopped as their eyes met Chara. The stood in a fear that looked similar to Sans when they saw them. Chara walked over to them cautiously before wrapping their arms around them in a tight hug. You quickly discovered that the child was Frisk, the one and only saviour of the monster race. They spoke very softly and quietly but were overjoyed when they were embraced my Chara, quickly followed by the rest of the family in another reunion. 

"Where's Sans?" You managed to choke out despite your weakness. Toriel looked sympathetically at you, before asking the others to leave the room for a moment, finally allowing Chara to leave her sight for more than a second. 

"Sans left you a note sweetheart, I'll leave you be for now." She said, hesitantly handing the paper over to you, you shakily took it from her hands and she quickly left the room, rejoining the laughter from her complete family. 

'Hey, kid.

Sorry, I don't have the guts to tell you this in purpose but... Well, I'm leaving. I won't be with Papyrus, and I won't be returning to the underground. I doubt you'll be able to find me, so why bother, huh? I wish you didn't lie about the kid, though. You should have told me that they were still alive... I just need to get away from you right now, sorry (Y/N)...

Sans'

You eyes unwillingly allowed tears flood from your ears as you crumpled up the the note, throwing it to the side of the room harshly, you didn't hesitate your search for him, kicking your legs over the side of the bed and standing up wobbling slightly, but refusing to let anything hold you back any further, you rushed towards the door to be greeted by Toriel who jumped when you swung the door open. You apologised and ordered you to return back to bed, saying she'll only let you leave when you're fit to go, but you weren't one to listen to other peoples orders, were you? Tonight, when everyone had fallen asleep was when you began searching. You searched through your backpack, discovering that all of Sans belongings had vanished. 

Night had decided to take it's time to come around, the room was eventually drenched with darkness as the Dreemurrs bid you goodnight and shut the door tightly. You waited for a short while until you heard soft snoring coming from the hallway, you shoot up out of bed, swinging your backpack on your back as quickly as possible, before trying to quickly sneak to the bedroom door, stepping through it and silently closing it. It wasn't far until you were out to find Sans, you crept through the living room towards the large entrance, the second your hand met the cold door handle and soft voice spoke behind you. 

"Where are you going, (Y/N)?" You turned around to Chara, still half asleep, standing behind you yawning and rubbing one of their eyes. You stuttered for a moment wondering if you could make them believe that they're dreaming or if you should just tell them to keep quiet. They seemed to wake up a little before you could decide to use the dreaming idea, so you just had to tell them to be quiet. 

You placed a finger over their mouth, they were a little startled, "I need to go now, don't tell your parents, I looked after you for a long time so could you do this for me?" You somewhat felt like you were blackmailing a child, which filled your soul with guilt. They nodded with an unsure smile, giving you a quick hug before scurrying back to bed. You slowly unlocked the door, opening it and greeting the cold night air, snow had began laying on the ground. You stepped out and locked the door behind you, then travelled unknowingly into the empty streets. 

The cold air and snow wrapped around your body, you felt as cold as you did the night you met Sans. Everything reminded you of him, giving you more and more determination to find him, you weren't going to let go of him when you found him.

You had walked down every street possible until you ended up in an empty field with a fresh blanket of snow. You continued walking, dragging your legs behind you. You were exhausted but still determined. You yelled his name, but were only replied with your own echo as the snow began to race down, freezing your face. 

"(Y/N), what are you doing out here?" Sans appeared in front of you from a sudden blue glow which vanished soon after his appearance. "Go back to Toriel. You'll kill yourself."

You tried to reach out for Sans, his hair furiously flying along with the wind. "I'm not going back without you." You refused to leave Sans, you wanted to stay by his side.

The snow quickly became heavier and heavier, the two of you could hardly see each other. You yelled out his name again, "You should have just told me about Chara. What if they killed you!" 

"They didn't kill me!" You cringed as more snow flew onto your face, you continued to try to reach out for him but were then greeted by a cold surrounding and complete silence. 

It's... done. I'm done! Thank you so much for following the story. Sequel may happen, but it also may just be a proper ending. I'm not sure yet. I hope you enjoyed the story, please vote and share this with your friends! It'll be doing me a huge favour. Thanks! <3