Chapter Nineteen

Unedited so may have many spelling mistakes 😂

Chapter Nineteen- I am women, hear me roar!

A haze of greenish smoke is hovering over the scene. Malfoy and Harry are in a similar position to Pansy and I, and Elinor and Maya are somehow on opposite sides of the room. Both Neville and Justin are lying on the floor, panting; Ron is holding up an ashen-faced Seamus, apologising for whatever his broken wand has done; but Hermione and Millicent Bulstrode are still moving; Millicent has Hermione in a headlock and Hermione is whimpering in pain. Both their wands lay forgotten on the floor. I leap forward and pull Millicent off, with Harry's help.

"Dear, dear," says Lockhart, skittering through the crowd, looking at the aftermath of the duels. "Up you get, Macmillan ... careful there, Miss Fawcett ... pinch it hard, it'll stop bleeding in a second, Boot ..."

"I think I'd better teach you how to block unfriendly spells," says Lockhart, standing flustered in the midst of the hall. He glances at Snape, whose black eyes glint, and look quickly away. "Let's have a volunteer pair - Longbottom and Finch-Fletchley, how about you?"

"A bad idea, Professor Lockhart," says Snape, gliding over like a large and malevolent bat. "Longbottom causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending what's left of Finch-Fletchley up to the hospital wing in a matchbox." Neville's round pink face goes pinker. Twat. "How about Malfoy and Potter?" says Snape with a twisted smile.

"Excellent idea!" says Lockhart, gesturing Harry and Malfoy into the middle of the Hall as the crowd backs away to give them room.

"Now, Harry," says Lockhart, "when Draco points his wand at you, you do this."

He raises his own wand, attempts a complicated sort of wiggling action and drops it. Snape smirks as Lockhart quickly picks it up, saying, "Whoops - my wand is a little over-excited."

Snape moves closer to Malfoy, bends down and whispers something in his ear. Malfoy smirks, too.

"I don't want to know what he just told Malfoy," Elinor mutters, and I laugh.

"That's so gross," Maya gags.

"Scared?" mutters Malfoy.

"You wish," Harry says.

"Beat his ass, Harry!" I shout.

Not literally....

Lockhart cuffs Harry merrily on the shoulder. "Just do what I did, Harry!"

"What, drop my wand?"

"Harry," I hiss and he turns to me. "Use expelliamus."

"Three - two - one - go!" Lockhart shouts.

Malfoy raises his wand quickly and bellows, "Serpensortia!"

The end of his wand exploded. I watch, aghast, as a long black snake shoots out of it, falls heavily onto the floor between them and raises itself, ready to strike. There are screams as the crowd backs swiftly away, clearing the floor.

"Don't move, Potter," says Snape lazily, clearly enjoying the sight of Harry standing motionless, eye to eye with the angry snake. "I'll get rid of it ..."

"Allow me!" shouts Lockhart. He brandishes his wand at the snake and there's a loud bang; the snake, instead of vanishing, flies ten feet into the air and falls back to the floor with a loud smack. Enraged, hissing furiously, it slithers straight towards Justin Finch-Fletchley and raises itself again, fangs exposed, poised to strike.