Twice the company

I am a terrible author.

I am so sorry! I can't even really fully explain my absence. It's just been an extremely rough time lately, and I couldn't find time to write.

I am so freaking terrible. I'm so sorry!

I'll try to update twice today since, it's almost been a year since I updated.

Disclaimer - I don't own anything at all, and you of course belong to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

You sigh as you draw in the dirt with a stick you had found laying around. You stare at your picture intently, trying to think about anything but Hiccup. He was the last one you wanted to see right now, much less think about. But no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get what he had said yesterday out of your mind.

"Why are you so eager to get me to leave? If you live out here then you must be at least a little lonely"

"No. I'm staying till I can convince you to come back to Berk"

You sigh, placing the stick down as you lean against a tree. You stare at the ground in front of you, subconsciously rubbing your locket. If he were to stay with you, he would get hurt, you just knew it. Once you turn into a dragon, you couldn't control yourself. You'd probably kill him just like you killed your parents.

The thought made tears sting your eyes, and you quickly shut your eyes tightly to avoid any of the drops spilling. You clutch your locket tightly, taking in a shaky deep breath.

"___!"

Your eyes snap open, and you look over in the direction of the voice.

"___!"

You gasp, quickly standing up. That was a different voice that most certainly did not belong to Hiccup. You panic, and quickly climb the tree that you were previously leaning against, the leaves camouflaging you. You take deep breaths, closing your eyes as you try to control your anxiety.

'Why out of all people that Hiccup could've told, did it have to be my brother?' You think to yourself.

"___! Please come out! We just want to talk!" Hiccups voice sounded again.

You hear his sword whack a few branches out of the way, and you see them. Your eyes widen as you see your brother, and you bite your lip so hard that you could've sword you had tasted blood.

"It's okay to come out, I promise. I even brought a friend with me!" He exclaimed, and you hold your breath as they pass the tree you were in.

"So...what does she look like?" You hear your brother ask after a second.

You slowly turn so you could still see them, eyeing their movements nervously.

Hiccup whacked another branch with his sword, "Well...She has bright (e/c) eyes, with (h/l) (h/c) hair." He says, whacking another branch.

You see your brother look down, before looking back up, "Does she normally take this long to come out?" He asks.

Hiccup shakes his head, "I've normally found her by now. I think it's because I brought someone with me today. She's already timid enough as it is." He says.

You bite your lip, looking down slightly.

"Why would someone be scared of a person? I wouldn't ever hurt anyone." Your brother shrugs.

Hiccup nods, "I know, but she doesn't. Every time I mention Berk, she sort of...freaks out." He says, turning to face your brother.

(Y/b/n) nods, "Well, alright then. I mean, I could go on back. If talking to her means I don't get to see her, that's fine. I'll see her when you get her to come to Berk." He says.

Hiccup nods once, "Alright." He smiles, and pets toothless as your brother walks away. You watch to make sure he's really gone before hesitantly slinking down the tree.

Hiccup turns, hearing a sound, and smiles when he sees you, "___!" He exclaims, walking over.

You quickly step back, biting your lip, "Why did you bring him?" You ask quietly.

He rubs the back of his neck, laughing nervously, "I just thought that if...if you saw and talked to someone else from Berk that you would consider coming back with us." He explains.

You look down slightly, and then sigh, "Why do you want me to go there so bad?" You ask.

"Why do you want me to leave so bad?" He asks, smirking playfully.

You rolls your eyes, and cross your arms, "I have my reasons." You say firmly.

He frowns, "___....if something is wrong, if you just tell me, I can help." He says, slowly taking a few steps towards you.

You back away again, "The only thing that's wrong is you won't leave me alone! Not only that, but you've told people about me back on Berk!" You exclaim, clenching your fists tightly.

He looks at you in confusion, "What's wrong with that?" He asks.

You stare at him for second before looking down and shaking your head, "Just forget it." You mumble, and shove past him.

He grabs your wrist before you can run away, "Wait! ___..." He says quietly.

You narrow your eyes, and turn back to face him. He looks down, and clears his throat.

"About what I said yesterday, I wasn't joking. I'm not going to give up till you come back. We can give you food, and warm bed, and a home." He says.

You rip your arm out of his grip, "I have a home. You're standing in it." You say, and start to walk away again.

"___.... Please just wait." You hear hiccup protest, but don't stop walking.

After a few minutes, you see a shadow behind you. You stop to see toothless staring up at you innocently, and groan. You look up to see hiccup stop right beside toothless.

"Stop following me!" You exclaim, "Please!" You say, feeling the familiar feeling of turning dragon coming on again. You push the feeling away, clenching your hands tightly again.

He shakes his head, "Nope. I'm sticking by what I said yesterday. I'm not leaving till you decide to come with me." He says.

You sigh, and run a hand through your hair. You feel panic setting in, and take a deep breath to try to calm yourself down. You regain your posture, and turn without saying anything. You look down as you turn away from him, and continue to walk, still aware that he was following you.

'Please Hiccup...please don't get mad if it happens. I really did try to warn you...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this chapter wasn't even really good either. I feel so terrible about this, I honestly have nothing to say but sorry.

Like I said, I'll try to update again today, if not, tomorrow. But hopefully my absence is over for now, and I can get back to writing.

I'm still very very very very sorry.

Sorry.

Be back soon! (Hopefully)