A small breakthrough

Your POV

A groan escapes your mouth as you slowly open your eyes. You see tree branches high above you, and grunt as sun light blinds you, your eyes closing automatically as you weakly lift your hand to shield your eyes

"Hey hey, take it easy."

The light is dimmed, and you open your eyes fully again to see Hiccup now blocking the sun, a cloth in his hand.

"You should relax, you had a long night." He says, looking down towards your stomach.

Before you could ask what he meant, a sharp stinging pain ran through your middle area, and you take in a sharp breath, squeezing your eyes shut tightly.

"Hey, it's okay, you have a small gash on your stomach. I just need to clean it. That dragon really did a number on you, ___" He says, glancing at you with a small smile as you open your eyes again before looking back down at your stomach.

"W-what? D-dragon?" You ask, your eyes growing wide at his words. He had seen you transform? He knew you were the dragon.

"Yeah. A dragon came through here and attacked the place. I heard you scream, and then after Toothless scared the dragon off, I found you unconscious in a small clearing over that way." He motions his head to the right.

Before you can say anything, again, a sharp pain ran through your stomach, and you feel a rough fabric being pressed against it, then being held there tighter. You manage to sit up, propped up on your elbows, and saw a clean bandage across your torso. A bloodied bandage was next to you, and Hiccup was holding a bloodied cloth.

You bite your lip, and looked around the campsite you and Hiccup had made the night before. The shelter was broken, split down the middle, and there were patches of once bright green grass that now sat with only charred dirt in place of the grass.

'I did all of that?' You think to yourself.

"Hey...You okay? Does it hurt more then it should? Do I need to get something to help?" Hiccup asks.

Through the pain, and the thoughts swirling around your head, you find yourself chuckling. You really haven't been all that nice to him, yet he still seemed to be overly concerned with your well being. Someone actually cared about you, and while that was a nice thought, you knew that would change when he figured out your secret. Still, it was more then you had gotten in years.

You shake your head, "No, I'm fine. I've been through worse then this." You say, holding up your hand slightly before placing it back down.

It wasn't a total lie, you had been through worse. It may have been worse emotionally, but through the years, you had learned that emotional pain could sometimes be far worse then physical pain.

You notice he was staring at you, a smile plastered across his lightly freckled face, and you tilt your head in confusion, "What is it?" You ask.

He looks down slightly, his hand reaching up to rub his neck, "Oh, I just, uh, I've just never heard you laugh before." He mumbles, looking up at you slightly.

Your eyes widened slightly as you realized he was right. You were beginning to let your guard down, and you hadn't even noticed it. You look down, biting down on your lip hard as you thought through what had happened.

"Listen, you should take it easy for a while. I wasn't able to do much, just what I could with what I had in Toothless' saddle bag." Hiccup says, obviously noticing your tense look.

You glance up at him, before clearing your throat, and shaking your head, "Like I said, I've been through worse." You say, shutting your eyes as you start to push yourself up from the ground.