Chapter 3

*Jo's POV*

I hear a faint sound of music coming from a room down the hallway. Turning to the direction of origin, i begin to walk toward where it sounds like it's coming from. I stayed here a bit later to get my stuff all together, and just to check out the school. Demi did give me a semi-tour, but she only showed me around for about 5 minutes before she was pulled away by some girls from drama club. that girl is everywhere.

 I'm nearing the gym, and the sound is getting louder. i question whether i should continue following the sound; what if i'm invading some kind of rehearsal? 

although the thought is a little unsettling that i could be barging in on a practice, i continue on.

Minutes later, I finally find where the music is coming from. Behind the gym are rooms for Band and Orchestra, and the sound is coming from one of them. luckily, the doors have windows. I peer through the window of one of the doors, to see none other than Niall, sitting on a stool with his guitar and steadily strumming. I assume he's just messing around with the guitar, until I hear him start to sing...

"You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you..."

At this point, I'm doing more than peering through a window. I'm full on gazing at him, alone in the dark room, an angelic softness flowing from his mouth as he continues to sing.

"You'll never treat yourself right darlin', but I want you to...
If I let you know...I'm here, for you, maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, Jo.."

My jaw drops.

literally, i think it fell off my face and hit the floor.

Did he just say...?

"Hello?"

Shit.

Did I gasp that loud?

I realize that I'm still standing here, frozen, when I should be getting the hell out of here before he sees me.

Without thinking, I try to hide behind the corner, hoping he will think he only imagined whatever sound I happened to make.

No such luck.

"Jo?"

Damn it.

I have no choice but to turn back around. Niall has the door open, and is looking at me with confusion.

"Niall..I...I-I didn't know you played guitar," I stammer.

*Niall's POV*

DAMN IT.
I know she heard me singing.

Every. Single. Line.

"I wasn't trying to eavesdrop I was just wondering where the sound was coming from and--" Jo is starting to ramble, and even though it's adorable, I speak up. 

"It's okay," i cut off her babbling, giving her a small smile to show her that I'm not mad.
I could never be mad at her.

I turn bright pink just at the sight of her, let alone knowing that she heard me singing. A love song. About her. 

Yeah, no biggie. obviously.

She returns the smile, just as tediously. "I think it's really cool that you play."

"Yeah.." I take a deep breath and make sure I don't choke on the air. That would be too embarrassing. 

on top of all this other crap, you know.