A New Dawn

A bitty isn't a pet, you learn that quickly. A bitty is a companion, not a plaything or a toy. Sidney didn't even think she could take care of a bitty until one day after work. Before getting straight to the story I got to say, this won't be pretty. Some bitties have been abused and went through ruff times. Sidney will do whatever she can for them, she is a doctor after all. Plus she gets the feeling for this bitties, she's been in their shoes before. Starting from the beginning however, you must understand how and why she loves this little guys so much.

     It was a normal day at the hospital, simple checking on patients and seeing new ones. Sidney always enjoyed her work, she learned a long time ago that the world was cruel and kindness can go a long way. Working late that night she was just point blank, tiered. As one of her new monster friends would say, bone tiered. Chuckling slightly she heads for the office telling boss she was heading home and would like the next couple of days off. After working for 2 months without any days off all her energy was spent. She was a Orthopedic surgeon along with a side degree for Anesthesiologist. She was one of the biggest doctors that the whole hospital needed for younger kids and surgerys.

     Boss allowed her 3 weeks off for the past two months, but she still had to come back twice a week for the basic job to get paid at less a little. She was fine with that, she just needed coffee, rest and some time to herself. Leaving the hospital she's greeted with the pouring rain. A sigh escapes, unable to keep up with time on shift it was around 6 at night. Leaving was the best option. It was late, bad weather, and no lights in any of the shops really. A couple restaurants but the only other place open at this forsaken time of night ,not really but to her most definitely, was the newly added adoption center. It's been there for about 6 months now oddly enough. 

     It was late, she was tired. There was a perfectly good coffee shop right beside the hospital! So why the fuck did she go to the adoption place?! Her brain kept thinking this as she walked through the rain. Everything seemed blank, there really was no actual reason, she just felt drawn to it. She didn't change leaving the hospital so her white jacket was soaked and her ,surprisingly allowed. cargo pants where muddy at the bottom from walking through water. This didn't help her attitude, on top of all this shit was her perfectly curly hair now was dripping leaving it to trail down her neck sending shivers down her spine.

     Ignoring all sense of rationality, she reaches the building's entrance. The center was a light pink with white trim, very elegant. The sign up top read in cursive writing, "Momma Crybaby's Bitty Adoption!" Cute, was all she though when she placed a hand on the door entering, the ring of the bell and what seems to be the most awkward silence follows, she steps into the center.

     Chatter starts up as soon as she enters, Sidney has heard stories from coworkers and friends about Miss Crybaby's shop but this was amazing. To her left was a large playpen with a bunch of what seem to be little skeletons and flames? They all seem to be playing. There were a couple glass cases holding other bitties, as they seem to be called. Signs lined all the walls but a large book sat on a stand beside a desk with what seemed to be a bunny behind it. "Welcome! I'm Momma Crybaby, you can call me Cry if you wish. What can I do for you? Here to adopt or just curious?" 

     The bitties seem excited when their "Momma" greeted the new customer. That meant at least one of them was going to get a new home possibly. "A bit of both I guess Ma'am. I work at the hospital right down the street and have been wanting to come by and check out the center." Rubbing the back of her neck she smiles and a small chuckle escaped past her lips. "However we've been busy lately so I haven't had the chance." 

     Momma giggles and her ears perked up. "That's fine dear, come on now, how about I show you the book so you get a understanding on most of the bitties here. There are specific ones that I'll show you first, then you can see some of the special one who are rare in this book." Nodding Sidney was excited to learn about the small creatures. Her own boss owned one who was extremely smart and often was seen around the hospital on his shoulder as he worked. The same with many other coworkers who had their own bitties.