May 9th, Tuesday

Everyone is talking about the Spring Romance Dance, but when Lawrence asked about Renaud's date, he said,

"Oh yes, I'm going with Angeline," He said, looking at his French manicure.

"Um...I thought you were going with Stella." Lawrence said, confused.

"What? Did I say Angeline? Ha,ha..." He started laughing nervously. "I um...I- er....I AM going with Mary."

"Stella." Lawrence corrected.

"Right, that's uh...what I meant. Why did I say Mary? Ha, ha..." Suddenly, Cecilia came running down the hall.wan

"Renaud, you ready for the Spring Romance Dance?" She said, twirling her hair.

"Hey, it's NOT April Fools!" Miya said. "I'M going to the dance with him, he promised. Right, Renaud?"

Renaud needed to escape, and FAST.

Suddenly, Stella came down the hall. Her blonde hair bouncing behind her, she smiled brightly, running toward Renaud. But stopped when she heard him say,

"Mary, I don't know who 'Stella' is, I said Ella, the janitor to Lawrence, I am not dating anyone else."

Stella paused in her tracks, she couldn't believe it. 'I only wanted someone to love me.....maybe I just won't go to the Spring Romance Dance.' She thought, before storming off to her locker.

Suddenly, Lawrence noticed Stella run off. Stella always liked Lawrence since 3rd Grade, she always asked him to sit with her at lunch, and he always said, 'Not now Stella', suddenly, he regretted all those years. He felt bad for Stella, but most of all he was ANGRY at Renaud.

"Hey French Man, you have some explaining to do!" Lawrence said, pinning Renaud to his own locker.

"I have NO idea what you're talking about!" Renaud said, sticking his nose up in the air.

"Yes you do. I've never liked you from day 1! But promising Stella to a dance, and LYING. Listen, I don't like Stella either, but you can't do that to her. And I feel sorry for all those other girls who are just DYING to be your partner! Learn some respect, Renaud...or just go back to where you belong, it's obviously not here." And with that, Lawrence left.

Renaud wanted to scream, wanted to yell, wanted to fight, but his mouth was dry. Suddenly, in less than 2 minutes, he lost his girls, his respect, his reputation, everything. He decided the exchange was too long, he was DONE with America. He made a note to himself, he was going to leave on Friday and no one was going to stop him.