The Enemy

(I was gonna update last night but uh... that didn't happen :/ I was very tired. But hey, I'm updating now~ Um, I think this one's gonna be a bit shorter compared to Maou and Ashiya's...)

Once upon a time, Emilia had actually felt pretty much indifferent towards Lucifer. She wasn't concerned with him anymore than she was with the other demons under King Satan's command. Her curiosity had been piqued briefly when she learned that he was a former archangel that had fallen from Heaven, but that didn't last long. He quickly became just another face amongst the grotesque hordes she fought against. A general, yes, but not worthy of any sort of special treatment. No, that was saved for Satan himself.

One act changed that, though.

General Lucifer led an attack on her hometown, leaving nothing but burning flames and charred remains, of both buildings and bodies, in his wake. Lucifer and his troops were reckless, destroying everything and everyone they could get their hands on.

Emilia failed to save her home, and her father.

After that, the fire that had robbed her of her happiness continued to fuel the hatred burning in her heart with a cruel passion. It may have been the Demon King who made the demand to burn down the village, but General Lucifer carried it out. A traitor to his old home, he truly was a demon, inside and out. When she finally met him face to face in battle, she didn't hesitant once in aiming for the fatal blow. This was no longer only about her duty to the Church and her sworn oath as the Hero of Ente Isla, this was about personal revenge.

The agonising pain was clear in his eyes as her sword delved deep into his chest. The sound of the blade piercing his body, straight through his heart, and his choked gasp brought her such intense satisfaction that she couldn't even begin to imagine what killing Satan would feel like.

But there was no time to dwell on such things. She was fighting a war; she had obligations to attend to. She abandoned the demon general's body to be found by whoever may pass by and hurried further on towards the Devil's castle.

It was an empty win in the end, driving the Demon King and his last surviving general through a Gate rather than doing away with him like she had all the others. The only answer was to follow them and finish the job.

The life of Emi Yusa was quiet and simple for the most part, far less stressful than that of Emilia the Hero, but she still found herself in various scrapes and petty arguments. That is, until the day of the earthquake. Her suspicions had risen after being ambushed by some unknown magic user and receiving that strange phone call, but things were starting to spiral out of control.

She had killed him herself with her own hands, she had, she knew it, yet there he was. She felt her hatred bubbling again, even more than it did when she had to deal with Maou. Lucifer not only rose from the dead but came after her and the Devil, and that both terrified and infuriated her. And Olba part in this whole ordeal only drove her further over the edge. She was stunned, but soon Emi regained her composure and summoned her Better Half. This time, she couldn't let him come back.

The outcome was... less than ideal. Not only was that scumbag allowed to live, but Maou and Ashiya took him in. Despite betraying them, he was welcomed without question. Emi had to laugh to herself when she saw what distress their decision was putting them through. Still, her duty to keep the Devil under check and her desire to protect Chiho meant she had to put up with Urushihara along with the other two demons.

Her basic instinct was always to lash out at him every time he spoke. He gave her little reason to physically harm him, especially considering he wasn't really doing much aside from making snide remarks and whining about being hungry, but threats and verbal attacks were always an option. Over time, he seemed to become more of an annoyance than a genuine threat and he fell lower on her radar. She learned to just put with him, and even to completely ignore him sometimes.

He did save her and Chiho, if indirectly...

But she quickly took back any grateful feelings that were starting to form when Maou told her about the tracker.

He had his moments, sure, but he would always be a demon at heart.