Chapter Two: French Toast

When Bagel stepped outside of the store, he had to catch his breath about the fact that he was actually outside, and he wasn't going to be someone else's dinner. He finally felt like he could do something with his life, rather than just sit in the bread box waiting for someone to decide he was worth their five dollars.

After he finished admiring the outside world, he remembered what Mama Baguette had said.

"Remember who you arrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee...." No, not that.

"I have arranged for you to meet a lovely baguette. Her name is Toast."

Bagel had to find Toast as soon as possible, or who knows what will happen? He can't let this once in a lifetime chance of true love and happiness pass by him. Suddenly, something... sudden happened.

Bagel was being stared at by a piece of toast who seemed like he thought he was superior to everyone else. Hopefully, that was not the case. Realistically, it was.

Bagel's emotional instability was not helped at all by the staring, and he felt like something was wrong with him. That was not true, but you can't tell Bagel that. It'll ruin the story. Besides, he wouldn't believe you anyway.

Bagel started to cry carby tears, and started to run away, before the toast blocked his path.

"Where do you think you're going?" asked the toast.

"I-I was j-just going to-" Bagel began before being interrupted.

"My name's French Bread," said the toast, "and you look like you're having love troubles."

"What? How did you know?" Bagel asked in surprise, with a trace of suspicion.

"I'm French," French Bread said in a bored voice. "Of course I can tell you're having love troubles. Now, who's the lady or fellow we're talking about right here?"

"Her name's Toast," Bagel exclaimed excitedly. "I've never met her before, but my mom, Mama Baguette, gave us the gift of movement so that we could see each other, and hopefully fall in love."

"Well, kid, I hope that works out for you," FB said in a somewhat kind voice. "Just make sure she doesn't have herpes, alright?" He finished in a joking voice.

"What?" Bagel asked, confused. He was too innocent for his own good. He stayed away from the dirty bread websites.

FB sighed. "Nevermind. Just take care of yourself, you hear? The outside world is a cruel and dangerous place. You never know what will be around the corner."

The ominous note in his voice was almost enough to make Bagel run back into IBH, but he managed to hold his ground, and nod. This was going to be more difficult than he thought.

Bagel started walking down the street then, hoping he could get away from FB as quickly as possible. He seemed kind of shady. He probably smoked and dealt yeast. Yikes.

Speaking of which, he could see two croissants fighting over a bag of the stuff in an alley.

Yeast is a highly dangerous chemical, besides the fact that most bread were cooked with it. But, it expands, and can seriously destroy your insides. Though, it makes some bread's heads feel better. It was highly addictive. Some could say it's worse than nicotine.

As Bagel was walking down the street, he saw a billboard with a picture of a human girl on it. As he walked closer, he read the name, which said "Justin Bieber". Wow, he was sure it was a girl.

This was definitely going to be worse than he thought.