My four pups and I : Chapter 7 (Part one)

Only read over it quickly, so their are probably mistakes. Sorry. Anyways, hope you guys like this! :D

-------------------------------

Nadeen’s POV

 The sun has only begun to rise, when I’m woken by Joel’s hysterical cries. I’m startled and fall off the couch but quickly get up. I run to him and rap my arms around his small fragile body. I cradle his shaking figure, shielding him from the world around him and step out of the room. A light sigh of relief escapes my lips when I don’t hear Joel’s brothers or sister cry. I lie back on the couch and sway him, humming a lullaby. I kiss Joel’s sweaty forehead and rub his back in a circular motion. His crying ceases and his breathing is a bit uneven but he soon falls asleep. I can’t figure out why he’s always waking up night. At first I thought it was normal ‘cause the other three would also keep me up, but something isn’t right…It’s like my baby’s hurting. It seems worse then a simple nightmare. But what would an innocent angelic baby boy be afraid of? Joel has yet to experience the dangers of our world. He turns in my arms, getting comfortable and all the pain and fear leaves his face.

“It’s over now,” I whisper softly in his ear and a calm sigh escapes his lips.

“Does he usually cry like that?” A deep musical voice asks, startling me. I jump slightly and turn towards the man who spoke. He’s tall, beautiful and completely naked. It’s the same man from the woods. My…mate. My fluttering heart and blushing cheeks are proof of it.

“You, again! How did u get in here?” I whisper harshly, trying not to wake Joel. My body is stiff and my glare’s judgmental. He opens his mouth to speak and steps closer, but I shrink back and my arms tighten around Joel. His shoulders fall and his expression saddens.

“Please, can we at least talk?” The familiar mans voice is pleading but gentle. I feel myself calm down a bit but my tone is still harsh.

“Wait here, while I get you some clothes and put Joel back to bed.” I tell him; still glaring and a small smile tugs at his lips. He nods and I slowly stand up from the couch, keeping a suspicious eye on him. Our eyes lock but then I can’t stop my gaze from descending. Mystery man has a yummy six pack and my eyes widen when I see his second “package”.  I hear a low chuckle and my attention goes back to his face. Oh my! He has the cutest dimples! My face heats up and I look down, embarrassed.

“I, um, I’ll go now…” I stutter and bolt towards my room. I gently set Joel in his crib and kiss his nose. I search for something that would fit a tall muscular guy and my pink shower robe is what I find. Before going back to him, I close my eyes and take a breath to clear my mind. Don’t let his handsomeness break you. You can fight the attraction. You need to be there for your babies. Guys only want one thing and you won’t give him the chance to break your heart. Not again. Think of what they’re capable of. Think of how you got pregnant. He could be just like the werewolf in the woods. You’re stronger then this puppy love. Ha,” puppy love” how unoriginal…oh yeah the pep talk… I don’t need a man in my life. The only men I need, are Joel, Gabe and Vincent.

“Ok,” I sum up my courage and walk out of the room, and into the living room. He’s still standing in front of the window, which is how I presume he got in. His eyes trail around the room and then set on me.

“I’m sorry, but my shower robe is the only thing that would semi fit you.” I say stepping towards him, handing over the warm fuzzy piece of fabric. Our hands touch and they linger there before I pull mine away.

“Thank you,” he tells me sincerely and I answer with a quick nod. Once all his parts are covered, we sit and I make sure theirs plenty of space between us. I could tell he was disappointed and he turns his body towards me.

“So, what were you thinking entering my home in the middle of the night?” I ask without emotion. I’m facing the wall before me and my back is straight with my hands in my lap.

“I, eh, heard your baby, Joel, I think that’s what you called him, crying.” He tells me and nervously plays with his hands. That gets my attention and I face him.

“How did you hear him?” I ask confused.

“Well, I-I, um, was uh, sleeping on a tree branch, um beside your window and it woke me.” His head is down and he fidgets but I can see the blush appearing on his skin. A normal girl would find that answer repelling but I found it cute? My wolf liked that he was nearby.

“Why would you do that?” I exclaim a little to harshly and regret it when he flinches. The man looks up into my eyes and scoots closer.

“I needed to be near you. It hurts when I’m not.” He admits and takes my hand. “Please. I know we’ve just met but please give me a chance. I’ve felt empty my whole life and you’re the one I need.” His lip trembles and my hand unintentionally squeezes his warm hand. When I see his sad face, it feels like I’m being stabbed. Every part of me wants to make his pain disappear. But my mind over throws my heart and I stand up, away from my mate. The one I was destined to be with.

“I-I can’t, I’m sorry.” I say shakily, looking everywhere but him.

“W-what?” He manages to say and his breathing is rough, as if I’d punched him. Next thing I know, he’s in front of me and holding on to both my hands. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a single tear fall down his cheek. 

“Please, I’ll do anything you want. I-I’ve never felt this way before.” I look into his eyes and he steps forward. But I step back. To my dismay he keeps moving forward until I feel the wall behind me. He’s so close that I can feel the heat radiating off his body. I automatically look at his lips as he does the same.  Our lips are only a few hairs away from touching and my wolf surfaces. No matter how much I concentrate on ignoring the attraction between us, I give in. My eyes close and his lips capture mine. A magical spark explodes between us and my heart rate speeds up at a crazy pace.  His arms make their way around my waist and my hands tangles themselves in his hair. He kisses me deeply and with so much passion that my knees go week. What am I doing!? Curse my wolf and her stupid hormones! Push him away! No, kiss him with all you got! Stop this! Keep at it girl! No, no, no he can’t think that I’m accepting being his mate. Using all my force, I manage to flip us around and pin him to the wall. His eyes are wide and he’s clearly startled at my mood change.

“That, will never, happen again.” I manage to gasp out in little breaths. I then step back and look up at him.

“Leave.” My voice is firm and rough. He expresses many different emotions; hurt, confusion, sadness, and loneliness.

“Go. Now.” I growl and tears fill my eyes. He whimpers but doesn’t move.

“You said you’d do anything. If you really feel so strongly about me, f-forget about us.”

“I won’t give up,” He whispers, shaking his head.

“You don’t have a choice.” I push him towards the open window but he stays still.

“Before I leave, could you tell me your name? Please.” I sigh and decide I should at lest give him that.

“Nadeen.”

“That’s a beautiful name.” A sad smile tugs at his lips and he looks down.

“I guess, I’ll leave now…” He reluctantly takes off my pink shower robe but instead of leaving, his hand cups my cheek. His beautiful brown eyes search deep into my blue ones and a sudden calmness washes over me.

“If you’re ever in trouble or need help, I’m here for you. Always. Just call out Adam.”  Adam kisses my forehead and his lips linger there for a moment, before my mate backs away. With a last sad smile, he turns into his stunning wolf and jumps out the widow, onto the tree branch. Adam. It suits him.

-----------------

Ehhh...what do you think? I personally think it's a bit poorly written but i guess you'll be the judge of that! Like? No like? Is it going at a good pace? What are your thoughts to how Nadeens reacting? Are you guys kinda catching on to why she doesn't want to be with Adam? Is it confusing? DO YOU WANT ME TO KEEP WRITING? Please, comment/like/fan or i won't know! Oh just a little fact about me... I LOVE comments! wink wink :D