*Chapter 6*

Ayden felt his heart drop when the call disconnected. He tried calling back, but kept getting Layla's voicemail. He also tried calling Carla's phone and an automated man announced that the customer that he was trying to reach was out of the calling area.

"Dammit!" Ayden yelled in frustration.
"Layla!" Ayden said telepathically.
No response.

He dialed his brother Adam who answered on the first ring.
"We're about two minutes away." He said.
"They're not answering their phones Adam and I'm still about fifteen minutes away. "You have to hurry!" Ayden hollered into the phone.
"I'm almost there bro!" Adam said.
"Look over there!" Ayden heard his cousin Jayson through the phone.
"What is it?" Ayden asked with worry in his voice.
"Get here bro! Just hurry and get here." Adam said then hung up the phone.

Ayden hated that he couldn't speak to Layla or sense her. He was now going 100mph.

Layla woke up to a sharp, throbbing headache. She put her hand to her head and felt a long gash at the back of her head. She realized she was still in her belt and the SUV was upside down. She smelled smoke.
"Oh God," She tugged at her belt and it didn't budge. She looked over toward the passenger side and didn't see her sister. She could hear faint heartbeats so she knew her nieces were still in there with her.
"Carla! Carla!" Layla yelled as she tried to wiggle free.
No answer.
She hoped that she was only  knocked out from the crash so she tried sensing her sister. She could hear another faint heartbeat in the distance.
She felt a pain go down her left leg when she moved. She reached down and felt a piece of glass in her leg and yanked it out.
She gritted her teeth to prevent a scream from escaping her throat.

After a minute of not being able to unfastened her seat belt, her claws grew and she cut the belt. The smell of smoke was getting stronger. Layla crawled towards the back of her SUV. Her nieces were still buckled in. With her claws still extended she cut the girls belts. She reached for the door handle and pushed, but the door didn't open. She crawled over to the other door.
No luck. Layla looked at the window of the door. It was webbed from when the impact of the truck landed on the ground from the freeway. She felt her leg starting to heal, but not fully. She angled her body so that she could use her right leg to kick the window out. Alexa had begun to have a coughing fit and Layla smelled gas. When she kicked out the window she heard rugged breathing and then footsteps. She peeked through the window as she cleared the glass from the door. She saw her sisters' body. She grabbed Alexa, who was the closest and placed her outside of the door then grabbed Skylar and placed her outside too. As she was crawling out she heard her sister say, "Get the girls out of here!" When she looked at where she'd seen Carla, she was still lying there, but someone was standing over her, dressed in black clothing, something covering their face, and something shiny pointed at her in their hand. Then she heard the gunshots that changed her life forever.