Penny For The Poor

Penny bit sat outside Canterlot's most popular boutique. To anyone going in or coming out she asked for a simple penny. She remembered to use good grace, to always smile, and be polite.

She sat for hours and asked for donations. Every other pony would stop and donate.
She would smiled up at them give them her grace and in the end except their bit.

Penny also did little jobs and work for pennies an bits. She loved helping ponies, it made her feel strong.

One night on her way back to the orphanage she heard somepony. She followed it to a stallion who was clearly sick. He coughed and his coat was pale. His ribs stuck out jagged from his skin.

" Mister? Are you alright?" Penny bit worried for him.

" I'm sorry little one you shouldnt have to see me like this." He sat his boney body down on the ground.

Penny looked at him and frowned. She raced away leaving him alone in the cold ally.

She went to the closes hoof market. She entered and collected some things. She got a premade cucumber sandwich, a mango hay juice, and a half off brand tooth brush.

She paid with what she collected. Leaving she ran back to the stallion in the cold ally. She sat the item in front of her, sitting town with a smile.

" come on let's go." She grabbed the bag and handed him the sandwich. He gladly took it and took a bite he used his old magic and tore it in half. Giving her one. She smiled and took it.

They both walked back to the orphanage where Penny Bit ran the stallion a bath. She set him up with a coat brush, a mane and tail brush, shampoo, and the tooth brush with some of her paste.

She set up a spot to sleep in one of the extra rooms. She came out of the room now down setting it up seeing the stallion. She walked up to him.

" hey, how was your bath?" Penny smiled up at him.

" it was very nice I feel so clean. I haven't In a while." He chuckled.

It was no doubt he looked way better. His coat was shiny, thicker, and smoother. He smelled better and she knew he had to feel better too.

" by the way I'm Penny Bit. What's ur name?" Penny asked tilting her head.

" I'm wild night." The stallion chuckled.

" OK wild follow me" penny started walking back to the room she set up.

" here is your new room feel free to decorate how you want and don't worry about imposing. I practically run this place because miss daisy is always out. I want you to stay till you get better. OK?" Penny Bit had her mother role rolin.

She herself was still young but she helped a lot of the fillies so she felt like a mother and to many of the fillies she was.

Wild night saluted to her." Yes ma'am" he chuckled going in.

" there are extra blankets in the closet and I'll be right next door if you need anything." Penny bit skipped out to help one of the fillies braid their mane.

The stallion had stayed for a month. He had gotten a job and gotten healthy. He was a hard working colt that wasn't a joke he fix a lot around the orphanage.

He also fixed the pluming and he painted the outside of the home. As a request from Apple Fritter he taught them how to bake. Hr even showed them other charity offers.

Ink tattoo had fallin and got hurt and the wild helped take care if the small colt.

Mr. Wild was such a nice pony. Even thought he looked scary he wasn't he couldn't hurt a fly.

Penny bit remembered when he had left. She was truly sad that he best friend was leaving.

".......but I'll miss you wild...." Penny bit frowned looking at the ground as tears filled her eyes.

" I know penny but one day I'll come back and visit.OK?" Wild night smiled down on the sweet little filly.

She didn't replied or look up. He softly nudged her. Still getting no replied he frowned. Wild gathered his bag opening the door with his magic.

He looked back frowning sad that he had to leave. He seen Penny's tears as he softly closed the door. He walked down the stoops of the orphanage.

Without looking back tears in his eyes he walked down a dirt path to canterlots castle.
__________________

Penny bit didn't hear, see, or feel anything about her best friend. It had been four months since he left.

And still she waited. Waited day in day out even sometimes threw out the night.

Month 5.....

Month 6......

Month 7.....

Month 8.....

Tomorrow was Penny's birthday. She got over the lose of her best friend about two months ago but it still hurt.

She sat outside that same boutique. She was 13 today. She didn't care though she sat and frowned she had let herself go. Her mane was a mess and her coat dirty.

" ...Penny...for....the...poor?" She sighed.

She was staring at the ground when a familiar set of dark blue hooves stepped up. The stallion sat a big bag of bits on the ground and using his magic he tore a premade cucumber sandwich in half and offered it to her.

Penny looked up tears in her eyes.

"You...came...back?"

" of course I did little one how could I not. Itd be a mistake to miss out on your child hood." He smiled down at her.

She pounced him and hugged him crying. He gladly let her cry. She stood up and wiped her tears away.

" guess what!" Wild shouted. Penny tilted her head.

" I bought the orphanage from miss daisy. I'll be taking care of you guys now. And formally adopting you." He smiled at her.

" you mean your going to be my new father?" Pennys tears threaten to fall again.

" yep!"